Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chesher123)
    hey wooll3y thanks for your reply, how long after your RADA interview roughly did you hear back with a holding letter?


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard back within 10 days ☺️
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELLESAPPELLE)
    I made some phone calls and Bristol Old Vic offered me a place!! Omg Wooll3y this is gonna be so cool meeting u irl lol 😄
    Congrats! It is going to be cool ☺️ I've already started looking for places to live because the longer I leave it, the less choice I'll have. But the thing is I haven't found anywhere that I really like and is a decent price
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wooll3y)
    Congrats! It is going to be cool ☺️ I've already started looking for places to live because the longer I leave it, the less choice I'll have. But the thing is I haven't found anywhere that I really like and is a decent price
    Do you know if there'll be an accommodation day? I really want to meet people first before I decide who to live with lol
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I have had an offer from Mountview, with a 14 day deadline, which is about to expire. Unfortunately I didn't get offered at place at Guildhall which was my top choice but I am still waiting for RADA. I rang Mountview and asked if I had to accept before any other offers came in. I was told that if I accepted Mountview and then changed my mind it would cause 'major problems' Now I don't know what to do. If I got RADA that is where I would prefer to go. If I don't accept Mountview by Monday, I run the risk of losing my place. Any advice?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    if i was you i would accept mountview and then if you get accepted into rada, decline mountview. causing 'major issues' isn't really your fault/problem! this is a copy & paste on RADAs website: "Candidates are reminded that they ARE allowed to accept any number of offers from different establishments whilst the interview round is in progress. After an agreed date (usually 1 July each year) candidates are then obliged to inform the various schools which offer they are finally accepting."

    hope this helps!!! and good luck with RADA! im still waiting for a response from them.


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELLESAPPELLE)
    Do you know if there'll be an accommodation day? I really want to meet people first before I decide who to live with lol
    Not from what I have heard. I think Bristol want you to be as independent as possible, so they send you a list of accommodation websites
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatoum44)
    I have had an offer from Mountview, with a 14 day deadline, which is about to expire. Unfortunately I didn't get offered at place at Guildhall which was my top choice but I am still waiting for RADA. I rang Mountview and asked if I had to accept before any other offers came in. I was told that if I accepted Mountview and then changed my mind it would cause 'major problems' Now I don't know what to do. If I got RADA that is where I would prefer to go. If I don't accept Mountview by Monday, I run the risk of losing my place. Any advice?
    Try asking for an extension on your deadline, as you haven't received all your offers yet. Bristol Old Vic realised that many of their applicants had not received results from other institutes and they have since extended the deadline
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wooll3y)
    Try asking for an extension on your deadline, as you haven't received all your offers yet. Bristol Old Vic realised that many of their applicants had not received results from other institutes and they have since extended the deadline
    I just rang. One thing is that I'm out of the country at the moment and won't be back for a month. They said I could delay my acceptance by a month (but this was informal - they didn't even take my name) and that I'd "probably be OK anyway until June" but I could also accept and then withdraw if I get a better offer but they don't like this much. The last time I phoned them last week and spoke to a different person when I asked if I accepted but changed my mind they said it would cause "major problems". It is anxious making So I think I may delay acceptance until I get home in a month and hope I will know more from RADA by then. If I haven't heard by then, I think I will accept Mountview. I had a holding letter from RADA in January but since then I've had nothing. I think they send out holding letters every so often, after a group of interviews, so like a weeding out process but it could be ages to wait.

    Thanks for your helpful reply
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatoum44)
    I just rang. One thing is that I'm out of the country at the moment and won't be back for a month. They said I could delay my acceptance by a month (but this was informal - they didn't even take my name) and that I'd "probably be OK anyway until June" but I could also accept and then withdraw if I get a better offer but they don't like this much. The last time I phoned them last week and spoke to a different person when I asked if I accepted but changed my mind they said it would cause "major problems". It is anxious making So I think I may delay acceptance until I get home in a month and hope I will know more from RADA by then. If I haven't heard by then, I think I will accept Mountview. I had a holding letter from RADA in January but since then I've had nothing. I think they send out holding letters every so often, after a group of interviews, so like a weeding out process but it could be ages to wait.

    Thanks for your helpful reply
    I would ring up RADA and explain your situation to them cos this is what happened to me with my Mountview offer. It resulted in me getting offered a place at Bristol after I rang them, even though they told me originally that I'd have to wait until May to hear as I'd been shortlisted. Even if RADA reject you, I'd say it's better to know now so you can accept Mountview and secure your place. Hope this helps 😊
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELLESAPPELLE)
    I would ring up RADA and explain your situation to them cos this is what happened to me with my Mountview offer. It resulted in me getting offered a place at Bristol after I rang them, even though they told me originally that I'd have to wait until May to hear as I'd been shortlisted. Even if RADA reject you, I'd say it's better to know now so you can accept Mountview and secure your place. Hope this helps 😊
    Good advice. Thank you. I have emailed them but never got a reply - but I will phone on Monday now.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatoum44)
    Good advice. Thank you. I have emailed them but never got a reply - but I will phone on Monday now.
    You're welcome, that's annoying when it is such a short deadline.
    I hope you get the answer you want
    How did you find your RADA interview?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wooll3y)
    You're welcome, that's annoying when it is such a short deadline.
    I hope you get the answer you want
    How did you find your RADA interview?
    It was my first interview and so I didn't think I did as well as I did in later ones. I didn't know the name of a lighting designer on a show I'd been to see, which I think was a bit of a downer. However, the panel were very friendly and remembered me from lighting workshops I'd been to there. I thought my portfolio presentation went quite well too. I'd done some work with a lighting designer in Copenhagen and they seemed to like that. I also love the location of RADA. The reason I'd wanted Guildhall first was that it is campus, which would have been great, where at RADA you make your own accommodation arrangements. But then again, it is in central London with loads of students around. I have quite a few friends at UCL, which is next door. But because I don't feel as confident about how my interview went at RADA, I think maybe I won't get in. I did like Mountview too, so it won't be a disaster - unless I fail to secure my place...
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone applied for LAMDA and got an offer, would love to see who else as an offer
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy.J)
    Hey, has anyone applied for LAMDA and got an offer, would love to see who else as an offer
    I have a shortlist for LAMDA but I'm accepting Bristol 😊
    I think there are a few people talking about LAMDA in the actors' thread but idk about techies soz 😕
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELLESAPPELLE)
    I have a shortlist for LAMDA but I'm accepting Bristol 😊
    I think there are a few people talking about LAMDA in the actors' thread but idk about techies soz 😕
    Ahh nice congrats, im hopefully going to lamda
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    similar to Jazzy.J's post.... has anyone been accepted by RADA for technical theatre? would be good to start up a facebook chat soon!!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chesher123)
    similar to Jazzy.J's post.... has anyone been accepted by RADA for technical theatre? would be good to start up a facebook chat soon!!
    No, just holding letter. seriously thinking of phoning them as waiting is worrying
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Tried ringing RADA today but the Admissions office is not taking calls, due to high volume of enquiries. So I have emailed them instead and explained that Mountview are pressing me to accept their offer. I don't expect it will speed things up however but at least if I haven't got into RADA it would be worth knowing so I could accept Mountview asap. But RADA is my preferred choice.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatoum44)
    Tried ringing RADA today but the Admissions office is not taking calls, due to high volume of enquiries. So I have emailed them instead and explained that Mountview are pressing me to accept their offer. I don't expect it will speed things up however but at least if I haven't got into RADA it would be worth knowing so I could accept Mountview asap. But RADA is my preferred choice.
    Oh good luck I hope it works out for u in the end! Let us know what happens 😊
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy.J)
    Hey, has anyone applied for LAMDA and got an offer, would love to see who else as an offer
    I have been placed on the shortlist, which I am so surprised by because I thought the interview went awfully. My eyes began to fill with tear as I was talking to the interviewers, which I managed to hold in until I got back to Euston station. It's funny to look back on now, but at the time it felt horrible.
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.