Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls asking guys to buy drinks in clubs Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Getting deperate men to buy you a drink and then sodding off is a very satisfying thing to do.
    I'll bear that in mind next time I'm in liason with a girl, promise her the earth then leave via the back door the next morning. :moon: Now THAT would be satisfying.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Yeah, but actually saying "no, I'm not buying you a shot that's gonna get you pissed, rather I'll buy you a drink that you can sip slowly while we chat" shows you mean it

If they turn down the drink though and want to buy their own then that's absolutely fine by me, still gonna be chatting to them regardless and I'm not gonna be pushy if they say no.
    Sip slowly while we chat, lmfaaaaaaaaaaaao. Please tell me you do use this exact line. :rofl: Shots are the best though.

Nice game then.

ReputationRep:
    I have never asked nor would ever ask a guy to buy me a drink, it's just entitled. Why on earth would I deserve it? It's his money and I did not earn it.

And if a guy at a bar offered to buy me a drink I would politely decline, whether I was interested or not. I don't feel comfortable having things bought for me.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Fixed.
    Are you saying men aren't superficial and they don't like free stuff? Who doesn't huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Are you saying men aren't superficial and they don't like free stuff? Who doesn't huh?
    No because we live in a world where women want equality yet when men want it it's deemed misgyonistic; we also live in a word where the status quo is almost Victorian and nailed-on, so guys feel it'd be embarrassing to ask but women wouldn't have no qualms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)

And if a guy at a bar offered to buy me a drink I would politely decline, whether I was interested or not. I don't feel comfortable having things bought for me.
    There's often an unwritten expectation too once the drink is bought.

Like if someone buys you a drink you have to at least spend a reasonable amount of time chatting/flirting with them.

anything more than 2 or 3 drinks and the other person would likely atleast expect a phone number or kiss

5+ drinks and the other person would likely be expecting a shag.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Sip slowly while we chat, lmfaaaaaaaaaaaao. Please tell me you do use this exact line. :rofl: Shots are the best though.

Nice game then.
    II think "drink slowly" was the actual phrase, but near enough Nothing wrong with shots per se but if they want those, they can buy them themselves cause they don't last 5 seconds :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    There's often an unwritten expectation too once the drink is bought.

Like if someone buys you a drink you have to at least spend a reasonable amount of time chatting/flirting with them.

anything more than 2 or 3 drinks and the other person would likely atleast expect a phone number or kiss

5+ drinks and the other person would likely be expecting a shag.........
    That is one reason why I would decline a drink also. But then I also don't want to be talking to anyone who thinks buying something entitles them to me, my time or my body.

Wish people would just be more open or honest instead of playing these silly games, not being open and yet expecting things from people.

ReputationRep:
    lol I've had girls ask me to buy them drinks.

I never buy girls drinks

Unless they're my friend (or girlfriend) and I know they aren't a scrounger.

I'll sometimes get free drinks off my female friends when they flirt with guys for free drinks though. Which is great :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)

I'll sometimes get free drinks off my female friends when they flirt with guys for free drinks though. Which is great :borat:

That's Brutal for the guy in question lol

he must feel like a right mug watching you drink it ...lmao
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    No because we live in a world where women want equality yet when men want it it's deemed misgyonistic; we also live in a word where the status quo is almost Victorian and nailed-on, so guys feel it'd be embarrassing to ask but women wouldn't have no qualms.
    I believe we are equally as superficial.

And I also believe it is more socially acceptable to be superficial when men choose who to date just because it's said that they are more visual than women.

ReputationRep:
    These things always descend into generalisations of what men/women are like. I personally have never known girls to do this. The best bet is just to refuse if they do, and don't allow people you don't know to buy you drinks. There's always expectations attached and I find it slightly weird!
    • Political Ambassador

That is one reason why I would decline a drink also. But then I also don't want to be talking to anyone who thinks buying something entitles them to me, my time or my body.

Wish people would just be more open or honest instead of playing these silly games, not being open and yet expecting things from people.
    Indeed most people see their interest and expect something in return. An honest and meaningful conversation is much more appreciated than some drinks, too bad they don't realize it or they prefer the easy path. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That's Brutal for the guy in question lol

he must feel like a right mug watching you drink it ...lmao
    Ngl they deserve it for being stupid enough to buy girls drinks in the first place. I've seen guys thinking they're alpha as **** for the sole fact that they're buying drinks for girls. And they brag about it. wtf?? lmao.

Anyone with a brain knows that the majority of girls just scrounge free drinks from men. If any of them ask me to buy them a drink I just tell them 'nah, you can buy me one though.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Indeed most people see their interest and expect something in return. An honest and meaningful conversation is much more appreciated than some drinks, too bad they don't realize it or they prefer the easy path. :lol:
    Which isn't actually easier :lol: and then they get salty when they have "wasted" their time...like mate just be honest about your intentions in the first place. Your own fault your time has been wasted. And that goes for both genders.
    • Political Ambassador

Which isn't actually easier :lol: and then they get salty when they have "wasted" their time...like mate just be honest about your intentions in the first place. Your own fault your time has been wasted. And that goes for both genders.
    They do get salty don't they :rofl: acting like they lost more than 10 minutes out of their precious time. Honesty is so rare, it's a treasuuuuure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    They do get salty don't they :rofl: acting like they lost more than 10 minutes out of their precious time. Honesty is so rare, it's a treasuuuuure.
    I don't actually really have experience with this stuff happening to me, but some of the things my friends have told me or I've witnessed from Nice Guy TMs is just ridiculous. :lol: like seriously...just get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    I've never bought a girl a drink in a club before because mainstream advice [from men] says not to do it cause the will just guzzle you drink and walk off ....but a lot of mainstream dating advise I have found to be BS ...so I don't know, I might one day decide to buy a girl a drink and find out first hand for myself.

there's been a couple of occasions girls have handed me/offered me one of their shots though.
    On one particular occasion I was chilling at the bar and some girl near the bar came upto me and said she had an extra shot and would I like it. Free drink?...why not ...so I took it. I didn't really make much effort to talk to her or chat her up cause she wasn't my type. Her friends were looking at me, and the expression on their face said "why isn't he chatting her up?!" ...tbh I was kinda annoyed that they thought I could be bought so cheaply..lol

another time,out of the blue a girl just came upto me and said "hi, do you want a drink?" ...my first instinct was to say no as I find it weird a girl buying ME a drink, but If I had said no she would had took it as a rejection ...but I found her attractive so I said yes.....
    lol I've had similar experiences actually. I've had a girl come up to me at the end of a night out and start begging it because she apparently bought me a drink. Even though I don't remember her buying me one (may have been because drunk but I don't think so). Then she started saying I owed her money for the drink :rofl:

I just walked off and ignored her lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socratesfam)
    LOL, only on TSR. Women never ask you to buy them a drink in the real world (as in, outside of TSR.) It's always some enthusiastic nice guy who OFFERS in a misguided attempt to curry some chick's favour. Let's be real here (and yes, I'm a guy, a pretty chauvinistic one by all accounts, so you can trust my objectivity.)
    I don't care about your objectivity, I'm basing things on my experience. I was asked the question on Friday and my pal mentioned that it had happened to him a few times before. Just because something's never happened to you, it's a really daft mentality to assume that it never happens to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    I don't care about your objectivity, I'm basing things on my experience. I was asked the question on Friday and my pal mentioned that it had happened to him a few times before. Just because something's never happened to you, it's a really daft mentality to assume that it never happens to anyone.
    Christ, chill....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.