Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls asking guys to buy drinks in clubs Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socratesfam)
    Christ, chill....
    Good you know when you're being silly

ReputationRep:
    Never asked a guy for a drink, did once on a night out stare at a guy who was eating a cheeseboard until he offered me some. I've got my priorities right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    I've been told not to buy a girl I don't know drinks in clubs if she asks and have never done so.

Just wondering however, have any girls asked guys they were interested in for drinks? Have any guys bought girls drinks and it not ended with the girl immediately disappearing?
    During my clubbing peak, a girl asked me to buy her a drink, despite never getting laid from the club, I held my ground and said "sure you buy the 1st round and I'll buy the 2nd"(an advice I got about this scenario), then when it came to being next to the stand for the order she disappeared and I bought my drink like nothing happened.

I'm glad I never felt for that ****, initially I kinda felt some sort of regret, but now I think about it why should I buy a drink for a stranger I'm not befriending, just for a one-night stand.

The only girl I'd ever buy a drink for is someone who's already my girlfriend or a friend. I'd also buy drinks for people just incase I feel like I have nothing to lose, just to be generous.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I strongly believe it's unnecessary for a guy to buy me a drink. I always find it slightly weird when someone does that or even worse when they take you to the bar and tell you to choose whatever you'd like. :facepalm:

There were also cases when they told the waitress to bring some drinks to our table. If I don't know the guy, what's the point? Personally, it doesn't make me wanna go home with him. :lol: There are other ways to get to know a person, but some girls do enjoy it ngl, mainly because they drink for free.
    On the whole I'll only buy people a drink if we're doing rounds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Getting deperate men to buy you a drink and then sodding off is a very satisfying thing to do.
    I think the quaint custom of offering, or being asked, to buy a girl drink is a gesture of interest and of goodwill. By and large I dont think it comes with greater expectations than some friendly chat. Of course some girls who are adept at flirting like to exploit this and save a fortune on drinks. Guys understand this too and my not even care. I think cynically getting guys to buy drinks and then sodding off is rather a mean trick though, even if they somehow deserve it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    -London-

-Abdul Kebab Chicken and Chips shop.-

> Just came from School.

> "oi Katzen fam, let's get chicken wings."

> "No John, that's stupid. Let's get Tesco Value cookies!"

> "COME OR I'LL KNIFE YOU IN THE STREETS."

> "what? Here? In public? Outside of Tesco? At 4pm?"

> "yes."

> "OK fam."

> *walks into shop.*

> *cute girl from a local Catholic school spots me.*

> "Heyyy there, what's your name?"

> *3 minutes of discussion*

> "So can you buy me a drin-"

> "GRILL AM I MADE OUT OF MONEY!? It's 2017, women are equal to men! Buy your own drink!"

> "You're so mean! *runs off and cries.*"

And that kids, is how I didn't met your mother.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh gawd this brings memories back. If they're a randomer I had multiple different situations.

1. Girl you just met, clicked and wanted to get wasted with.... had some random nights in the SU like this where you chat to someone you hardly know (if at all) and all of a sudden the drinks start flowing. The thing with this I'm like this with guys or girls, but it's generally that I just want someone to get wasted with. This has occasionally ended up with things happen, but the feedback I've got from friends and the girls themselves was they found it attractive with how fun loving and relaxed with them I was while getting wasted. I've never consciously intended in this context to pick up girls etc.

2. Chatting, going well, offer a drink to kind of 'trap' them in the nicest way possible. :lol: it sounds weird but in my experience the worst thing you can do when chatting someone up is drop the ball. Often a mistake guys make is go off presuming it's a sure thing and someone else has dived in while getting a drink etc. Normally I'll invite them to the bar and get a shot or something, aka something fun. If I offer any other drink I'll always wink and say they can get the next one, weirdly that wink and line generally works :confused: Usually they never actually end up buying that drink because we'll either be making out or accidentally turning into no1.

3. They look bored and I feel sorry for them.... nothing more, nothing less.

Suffice to say, I will never buy a girl a drink to try and initiate something that I don't have a feeling may already lead to something nor will I use it to suggest my intention. You should of done that waaaaayyy beforehand.

Also if a girl asks me to buy them a drink in a blunt and upfront manner(unless it's while they go to the loo or something).... then it ain't happening. And it always seems to be the extremely drunk girls (usually middle class) who think they're hotter than rest of the room, but ain't above a 6 at best facially and their body leaves a lot to be desired.

I remember during a holiday to Sunny Beach being in Disco Den Glade Viking, about 1 hour after getting off the flight at god knows what time of night. Some drunk girl as described above tried that with me for about an hour following me around, making out with me, pretty much begging for a drink. After an hour she got the message, tried pouring her empty drink on me and then tried it with some poor sod who ended up buying her drink for the rest of her night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    What if she was a white girl who liked Asians?

Spoiler:
    Show

Let's be honest here. You'd buy her a spaceship
    Such girls don't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Such girls don't exist.
    True, true. No Asian guy has ever had a thing with a white girl. But don't give up, you might just be the first Asian ever to do it. Stay strong.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a guy even buy me a drink in a club so there's no way I'd ask them to.

ReputationRep:
    There was one night I was out and this guy just seemed to join us dancing and that and seemed quite lonely and that. He ended up, without telling us, or anyone asking, coming over with a round of drinks, which was lovely but then he got creepy so we all then went 'to the toilet' in an attempt to avoid him :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I've never bought a girl a drink in a club before because mainstream advice [from men] says not to do it cause the will just guzzle you drink and walk off ....but a lot of mainstream dating advise I have found to be BS ...so I don't know, I might one day decide to buy a girl a drink and find out first hand for myself.

there's been a couple of occasions girls have handed me/offered me one of their shots though.
    On one particular occasion I was chilling at the bar and some girl near the bar came upto me and said she had an extra shot and would I like it. Free drink?...why not ...so I took it. I didn't really make much effort to talk to her or chat her up cause she wasn't my type. Her friends were looking at me, and the expression on their face said "why isn't he chatting her up?!" ...tbh I was kinda annoyed that they thought I could be bought so cheaply..lol

another time,out of the blue a girl just came upto me and said "hi, do you want a drink?" ...my first instinct was to say no as I find it weird a girl buying ME a drink, but If I had said no she would had took it as a rejection ...but I found her attractive so I said yes.....
    Spoiler:
    Show

Careful, she might put something in it to rob you blind.

ReputationRep:
    Cant they buy their own? Arent modern women supposed to be empowered or something? If they are man enough to down the drink they are man enough to buy it. Filthy stuff though alcohol, ban the ****ing lot I say.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.