Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i recently received my student support notification form, which comes in 3 parts, and an extra reply slip which I was supposed to return to get my student loan.
    i did all that, and they sent me two separate sheets confirming my student loan, with different amounts of loan shown on the sheets, and no explanation as to why the figures are different. i decided just to ignore that and take whatever loan came through.

imagine my surprise when I received yet ANOTHER student support notification form in 3 parts (with the exact same details on it) and an extra reply slip which I'm supposed to return to get my student loan! :eek:

should i return this slip, or should i ring up the SLC and ask them why i've got this form again?
    and has anyone else found them this disorganised?

ReputationRep:
    have you ever rung them? they have no idea what's going on.

The part time loan form is filled in on two sides of the same piece of paper and every year they tell me they havn't recieved the bit from the LEA.

The first year I rang the LEA, they sent a copy.

SLC claimed it never arrived.

This happened a few times until someone at the LEA said. "They can't have not recieved just the LEA part, we fill in the details on the back of your form"

so eventually i got someone at the SLLC to actually fish out the bit of paper and yes they had recieved it.

Now I just phone them and say "are you looking at this on your computer because if you are the person scanning it in has only scanned in one side, if you get the origional and turn it over you will find the details on the back".

So yes i find them disorganised. If you are lucky enough to get through to the right person they can actually be quite helpful. The problem is I think only 1 person there actually wants to help.

ReputationRep:
    i got sent that form about 7 times last year.

i even got it again in may....

as long as youve sent it once, you can ignore the rest!

love Katy ***

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.