Turn on thread page Beta

Northumbria or UWE? (Irish person needing help) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure which this would belong in.
    As i said in the title, I am from Ireland and know nothing about either Bristol or Newcastle as cities so I'm really needing help.

I want to study drama, and I am completely stuck between the courses at UWE or Northumbria. Both are fantastic courses and one isn't better than the other so now I am looking at which city I will be happiest in for 3 years to help me with my decision. Apart from what little of the cities I seen when I was over for auditions, I'm not knowledgeable on them at all.

I would like to live in a city that has quite a creative and alternative feel to it, pretty much somewhere that would compliment my drama studies with loads of local culture, feeling like I live in a place where creativity can flourish. Apart from this, I would also like to live in a city that caters towards a rave/hippy lifestyle- somewhere with loads of quality house, techno, disco, dnb, jungle, etc. And also with lots of raves/free parties... I believe both Bristol and Newcastle do this pretty well? From what I can gather both are famous for their nightlife.

If anyone could help me, or if anyone could share their personal experiences from these cities, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Northumbria in September so I may be biased, but I think the arts and culture side of Newcastle will be really good for you! I've also been out in Newcastle a lot and I can tell you, whatever kind of nightlife you want, you can find it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.