Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am really struggling with this question and it is way overdue.
    'Explain the reasons for agreeing the use, content, layout, quality standards and deadlines for document production'
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Csumners1999)
    I am really struggling with this question and it is way overdue.
    'Explain the reasons for agreeing the use, content, layout, quality standards and deadlines for document production'
    Imagine if you created something. You showed it to me, because you were very proud of your work. I agree it's brilliant - so I decide to publish your work under my name. Would you be a tiny bit mad?
    Now imagine that you've created a business document, because you work for a company. It's about some fantastic sale your company will be having. You're expecting it to bring in thousands of customers, because it's so much better than your competitors. You've planned the sale launch for next week. You show it to your friend - and your friend knows someone who works for a competitor. So they show it to their friend. Then the competitor copies your sale, does it earlier and better, and steals all the customers.
    So that's why you need to agree the use. Can it be distributed, or does it need to be kept private? Can everyone in the company access it, or does it need to be certain people/departments only? You might find this thread helpful too.

Reasons for content: well, I tell you to write me an essay on fish fingers. You write me a lovely essay on how they're made and how to serve them. I actually wanted you to write me an essay about the sales figures and how much profit the industry makes. If we had discussed the content in advance then your time wouldn't have been wasted and I would have got what I wanted first time.
    Quality is very similar to this. Am I expecting a report which is low or high quality? Do I want you to spend 5 weeks on it and be really indepth, or is it just a few facts to mention at a meeting? So this then ties in to the deadline - you can write me the best report ever, but if it's too late for my meeting then it's pointless.

Layout is a bit less obvious. But having a standard layout makes it easier to read things - you know where to find the information you need. Certain fonts, colours and sizes can be easier for people with disabilities like dyslexia or partial sightedness. It also can give things a more professional feel/image.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.