Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

So I was just offered a place in London Metropolitan university which i'm more than happy to accept but as I read about their tuition fee payment policies, it said they have three ways that you can pay you tuition:

1. To pay in full. UK and EU postgraduate students are entitled to a 5% prompt payment discount if full payment is made prior to or at enrolment. This discount also applies to UK and EU undergraduate students who started their courses in 2012/13.
    2. By two instalments - 50% at enrolment and 50% by 31 December. There are no instalment arrangements or discounts available for courses of one semester.
    3. By one payment at enrolment of 50% of the total annual fee, followed by three equal instalments, beginning on the last working day of October and finishing at the end of December. These payments can be made either through the University’s e-pay system or by Direct Debit.

This made me wonder that is it possible to get the student loans in any of these ways or can you just get one semesters loan at a time. Because how I read from the student loan site it says that you have to apply again for the loan after the first semester. Please help me get answers so i know if i can accept the place.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by TiiaSalo)
    Hi!

So I was just offered a place in London Metropolitan university which i'm more than happy to accept but as I read about their tuition fee payment policies, it said they have three ways that you can pay you tuition:

1. To pay in full. UK and EU postgraduate students are entitled to a 5% prompt payment discount if full payment is made prior to or at enrolment. This discount also applies to UK and EU undergraduate students who started their courses in 2012/13.
    2. By two instalments - 50% at enrolment and 50% by 31 December. There are no instalment arrangements or discounts available for courses of one semester.
    3. By one payment at enrolment of 50% of the total annual fee, followed by three equal instalments, beginning on the last working day of October and finishing at the end of December. These payments can be made either through the University’s e-pay system or by Direct Debit.

This made me wonder that is it possible to get the student loans in any of these ways or can you just get one semesters loan at a time. Because how I read from the student loan site it says that you have to apply again for the loan after the first semester. Please help me get answers so i know if i can accept the place.
    That information appears to be directed towards postgraduates - are you applying for a postgrad degree or a BA/BSc/BEng?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi

Can you confirm your mode of study please.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.