Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's National Storytelling Week so let's write a TSR story! Watch

• Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    We'll start with a sentence and it's up to you guys to keep it going, one sentence at a time.

Keep it clean, people!

It was a cold and foggy morning in January when Pedro heard a loud knock on his door...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
    We'll start with a sentence and it's up to you guys to keep it going, one sentence at a time.

Keep it clean, people!

It was a cold and foggy morning in January when Pedro heard a loud knock on his door...
    He was expecting a response from his universities soon but didn't think they'd hand deliver their decisions; no, this was something else...

ReputationRep:
    Pedro glanced through the security hole in the front door. He could see a smartly dressed woman with a pineapple on her head.

ReputationRep:
    He cautiously opened the door, keeping the security chain in place; "hello sweetcheeks, how may i help you ?" he enquired of the mysterious stranger.

ReputationRep:
    "My name is Marcella Mardigras. I work for the CIA. Do you mind if i remove my pineapple ? It is quite heavy."

ReputationRep:
    Marcella handed the sticky fruit to Pedro who placed it on his occasional table. "So Pedro, have you seen any suspicious characters in the neighborhood recently ?"

(Original post by the bear)
      Marcella handed the sticky fruit to Pedro who placed it on his occasional table. "So Pedro, have you seen any suspicious characters in the neighborhood recently ?"
      "I haven't seen anything señorita" he replied, trying to hide the fear on his face, she surely didn't know of Susanne

ReputationRep:
      Susanne was a retired stenographer who helped Pedro to finish his crossword every Thursday. She was a woman with a past.

A dark murky past, almost as dark and murky as Pedro's koi pond.
        • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
        Marcella looked Pedro dead in the eye as she removed a piece of pineapple leaf from her hair. "There's been some rumours going round, Pedro. I'd like to talk about that."

ReputationRep:
        "Well in that case i shall put the kettle on dear" ejaculated Pedro. "Hobnob ?"

ReputationRep:
        "No thanks, I don't smoke" replied Marcella.

ReputationRep:
        Pedro sat down on a battered pouffe; his mysterious guest relaxed on his

POÄNG Rocking chair $199.00

Width: 26 3/4 ", Depth: 32 1/4 ", Seat width: 22 "Width: 68 cm, Depth: 82 cm, Seat width: 56 cm

ReputationRep:
        Pedro toyed nervously with his

Sheaffer Centennial Fountain Pen - Limited Edition - Sterling Silver

£2,200.00 One of only 516 very special fountain pens featuring relief images from Sheaffer's history in sterling silver.

He had bought it to impress Susanne; he hoped that one of these Thursdays she would say "Oh Pedro i cannot fill the answer to 4 down ( hymenoptera ) because my cheap biro has run out. Perhaps you can lend me a writing tool ?"

ReputationRep:
        "I know all about you and Susannah" Marcella started, "and I think I can help"
        "How?" asked Pedro
        "With this weird trick"

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Trinculo)
        "I know all about you and Susannah" Marcella started, "and I think I can help"
        "How?" asked Pedro
        "With this weird trick"
        Pedro knew that Marcella was bluffing. But he decided to play along with the fruit-wearing spook.
        "We are really really stuck on a clue from last week ?" he said. " It was 24 across in the Independent... Amundsen's forwarding address ! ( 4 letters ). The last letter was h."

ReputationRep:
        Marcella struggled to maintain her composure. She realised that her 1 simple weird trick was not going to work... she began to perspire heavily. Her left hand started to shake.

"i... ermm i think the answer is shad " she blurted out.

Pedro smirked. "But the last letter is h.... and there is nothing to suggest that the answer relates to freshwater fish of the herring family..."

ReputationRep:
        Marcella knew that her deception had been seen through. The veil had been lifted. She stuttered for a second, but it seemed like hours. Should she come clean? Or should she resort to the blowpipe and tranquilizer darts in her A4 personal organizer....?

ReputationRep:
        Pedro sensed that Marcella was about to crack. he leaped forward and seized the pineapple just as the phony agent made her move.
        He whisked off the spiked top of the fruit of the most economically significant plant in the Bromeliaceae family.
        His suspicions were confirmed. In the hollowed out center of the sweet-smelling tropical delicacy nestled a Diamondback DB9 pistol.
        The DB9 was designed to be as small and concealable as possible. As a result, the whole package weighs less than 13 ounces unloaded. Top to bottom, it’s a tad under four inches and including the beavertail 5.5 inches in length. Slim? How about a 9 mm that measures only 0.80-inch wide? That makes for a gun that can be carried in a pocket or on an ankle and all but disappear.

ReputationRep:
        "mwahahahahahahaha" said Pedro, handing her the conveniently sized weapon. "you were planning to hurl this fruit at me and render me unconscious. i have thwarted your devilish plan. mwahahahahaha."

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.