The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Social work MA interview Manchester Met

Has anybody else had an interview for Social work Masters at Manchester Met ?

Scroll to see replies

i have just had email to confirm interview, i would also like to know too ha im a mature student also and its been a while since my last
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Iv applied for the BA course and been asked for interview... im so nervous 😬😬
Reply 3
Original post by xxfifixx86
Iv applied for the BA course and been asked for interview... im so nervous 😬😬

Heyy , How was your interview?
Original post by asdfghh
Heyy , How was your interview?

Hey, iv not had it yet but been called at another uni for interview so im thrilled to have two chances at getting a place :-) be good to see how each of them interview and what they have on the day etc... my 1st one is in less then 2 weeks and the other is end of march.
Reply 5
Where have you applied to?
Original post by asdfghh
Where have you applied to?

Man met and salford... you?
Reply 7
I have an interview for man met tomorrow I’ll tell you how it gors so you can have an idea
Original post by asdfghh
I have an interview for man met tomorrow I’ll tell you how it gors so you can have an idea

Thats brilliant good luck :-)
Have you prepared loads? I feel like my brain is going to explode with social work iv read that much haha
Reply 9
YESSS! I’ve prepared loadss like I’ve read about the HCPC and BASW but they don’t really ask about them they just want to know your experience and discrimination and stuff but tomorrow might be different so I’ll let you know :smile:
Original post by asdfghh
YESSS! I’ve prepared loadss like I’ve read about the HCPC and BASW but they don’t really ask about them they just want to know your experience and discrimination and stuff but tomorrow might be different so I’ll let you know :smile:

Same here, iv read up on the professional capabilities framework and standards of profiency and throw a few big words in ha. Will be very grateful for feedback tomorrow and massive goodluck... i will be a mature student so hoping i will blend in if i get a place ha. What experience do you have? X
Reply 11
So you’re applying for MA or BA? And I’ve volunteered at the royal voluntary service, caudwell children where i was working with the family support team and a nursing home.. would that be enough? 😭😂
Original post by asdfghh
So you’re applying for MA or BA? And I’ve volunteered at the royal voluntary service, caudwell children where i was working with the family support team and a nursing home.. would that be enough? 😭😂

Ba im applying for, thats sounds like good experience, you must have something that stands out to be asked for interview :-) have you had any other interviews elsewhere yet or is this your first?
Reply 13
Ive had an interview at birmingham city it was my first and then keele and I have one tomorrow for Man met and 2 more in march which is staffs and derby wbu? :smile:
Original post by asdfghh
Ive had an interview at birmingham city it was my first and then keele and I have one tomorrow for Man met and 2 more in march which is staffs and derby wbu? :smile:

Have you had offers yet? Not had any yet, only applied to two uni’s, need to stay local as i have 4 children and house to run etc. Where are you from?
Reply 15
I had an offer from Keele and I also want to stay local so I’ll accept it and im from stoke :smile: hope you get the offers you want
Original post by asdfghh
I had an offer from Keele and I also want to stay local so I’ll accept it and im from stoke :smile: hope you get the offers you want

Congrats on your offer :-) good luck tomorrow x
Reply 17
Thankyou and I’ll message you tomorrow about that day if that’s ok? X
Original post by asdfghh

Yes of course i want to know all the details ;-) will help me for mine next mnth x
Original post by asdfghh

Hi there, how was today? Hope it went well for you x

Quick Reply

Latest