Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can We Please Go Beyond Binary Ban Them/Let Them All In Rhetoric On Refugee Crisis? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's insane the response to a global catastrophe and insurgency is "they're all terrorists, ban them" and "Let them all in, borders are racist".

Sensible border policies, vetting those coming in and a moral obligation to help those in need is the view of the majority, yet the loudest, most ill-informed, are steering the discourse.

That the President of The United States and leader of the UK opposition are part of that is both embarrassing and frightening.

http://thesatedire.com/news/uk-news/...n-refugee-ban/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien96)
    It's insane the response to a global catastrophe and insurgency is "they're all terrorists, ban them" and "Let them all in, borders are racist".

Sensible border policies, vetting those coming in and a moral obligation to help those in need is the view of the majority, yet the loudest, most ill-informed, are steering the discourse.

That the President of The United States and leader of the UK opposition are part of that is both embarrassing and frightening.

http://thesatedire.com/news/uk-news/...n-refugee-ban/
    I agree with what you're saying, but let's not forget that the people in charge were elected by the majority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoloBaggins00)
    I agree with what you're saying, but let's not forget that the people in charge were elected by the majority.
    I certainly do not question their mandate, but it's a loud majority of a minority. That does not take responsibility away from those who were taken in by a conman or a deluded, jam making fool who likes to dress up as Lenin.

I suspect the vast majority of people lie somewhere in between in both countries.

ReputationRep:
    I bet the Eastern-European politicians are just watching all this while eating popcorn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stoke123)
    I bet the Eastern-European politicians are just watching all this while eating popcorn
    Our only hope is Putin chokes on it while pissing himself laughing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.