Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your unpopular food opinions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Liver is beautiful, the most underrated food of all time, and it honestly does confuse me why so many people hate it. It's so rich, so tender, and has a really nice, strong taste...but my mum and my dogs are the only others I know who like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RCLeahcar)
    Liver is beautiful, the most underrated food of all time, and it honestly does confuse me why so many people hate it. It's so rich, so tender, and has a really nice, strong taste...but my mum and my dogs are the only others I know who like it.
    People hate it because like you say, it has a strong taste. If you don't like the taste then you obviously won't like liver. I like roe but that has a unique taste so I get it if someone else doesn't like it.

If there is some recipe out there that makes it taste good I would be willing to try it and change my opinion but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Avocado, nutella, tea, and hummus are disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    People hate it because like you say, it has a strong taste. If you don't like the taste then you obviously won't like liver. I like roe but that has a unique taste so I get it if someone else doesn't like it.

If there is some recipe out there that makes it taste good I would be willing to try it and change my opinion but I doubt it.
    I like roe as well, and not just taramasalata. It's not a popular option though (but I think most people would be happy to try caviar).

ReputationRep:
    I like LOADS of ketchup on mashed potatoe , like , it has to be saturated in the stuff mmmmm

ReputationRep:
    Avacado is the single most overated food

ReputationRep:
    Vegetable is my nemesis

ReputationRep:
    Meat is overrated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    I like roe as well, and not just taramasalata. It's not a popular option though (but I think most people would be happy to try caviar).
    yeah taramasalata is lovely. I just have it with pita bread. I like the cod roe you get in chippies or in tins as well.

(Original post by hezzlington)
    Avacado is the single most overated food
    I used to love these until I ate one that was overripe and it made me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Meat is overrated
    How
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Bacon is over rated.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate ice cream is absolutely disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Nutella is ughh :eviltongue:

Also, a tip: if you are from an Irish family, never ever say that potatoes are disgusting. They will shun you.

ReputationRep:
    Ketchup, Liver, Avocado, Nutella, Cous Cous, Chocolate based ice-creams and milkshakes, Mushrooms, Coffee, Tomatoes, Radish, Beetroot, Beans, Lychees, Papaya,
    Can't think of more ATM 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    How
    It just is lol. I can go months without eating it...

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you guys heard of banana, milk and rice?

ReputationRep:
    Pineapple on pizza (AMAZING)
    Hate white bread
    Preferred caramel before it was salted

ReputationRep:
    I put ketchup on rice? Don't know if that's weird or not but tastes good.
    HATE coffee, hate anything healthy, pepperoni pizza makes me so sick, CAKE I ABSOLUTELY HATE CAKE WITH AN ABSOLUTE PASSION

ReputationRep:
    I don't like cold pizza. Even though hot pizza is basically my favourite food.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand:
    Cheese (apart from a tiny bit of blue Stilton sprinkled on top of homemade lasagne, but even then I can only eat it once in a blue moon)
    Pizza (partly due to the cheese, but it is way too heavy and stodgy for me!)
    Toffee/fudge (way too sweet!)
    White chocolate (though I do make an exception for small chunks of it in Lidl's chocolate chip cookies)
    Bananas (the very smell sickens me!)
    Literally all cereals
    Butter/milk/cream (fine if used in baking, but I can't eat any of those by itself)
    Strawberry ice cream/milkshake
    Most milk chocolate (too sweet!)
    Pastries (e.g. croissants - somewhat tragic as I study French...)
    Most fizzy drinks - Tango, in particular, tastes extremely artificial!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.