Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to find a friend to hang out with on Thursday. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I,live in london.
    I'm at uni but I don't really like anyone here. I have asked on facebook but no one is interested. I really want to to hang out with people on Thursday night. How do I find someone if no one at my uni is willing. Should I just go to a pub and talk to everyone till someone responds.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Join your universities clubs and societies, introduce yourself and have a conversation.

You could join social clubs out of interest (sports, etc) outside of uni.

You could even google meet up's and find like-minded people who share your interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    Join your universities clubs and societies, introduce yourself and have a conversation.

You could join social clubs out of interest (sports, etc) outside of uni.

You could even google meet up's and find like-minded people who share your interests.
    My uni only really has cultural scoieties which don't apply to me. I have disabilities so sports are a no go.
    Gogglign things to do this Thursday provides a blank.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stawes)
    My uni only really has cultural scoieties which don't apply to me. I have disabilities so sports are a no go.
    Gogglign things to do this Thursday provides a blank.
    What disabilities do you have if you don't mind me asking?

If you google 'things to do this thursday' it will provide a blank. What hobbies do you have? You could google meet up's based on that.

Do you have a library locally, near you? The library is packed with information on what things are going on and you can meet people joining these events.

If you want to talk, feel free to PM me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    What disabilities do you have if you don't mind me asking?

If you google 'things to do this thursday' it will provide a blank. What hobbies do you have? You could google meet up's based on that.

Do you have a library locally, near you? The library is packed with information on what things are going on and you can meet people joining these events.

If you want to talk, feel free to PM me .
    Autism. Not really a hobby person sadly. Just want people to hang out in a cafe with for a Genreal gossip with, but no one is free.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stawes)
    Autism. Not really a hobby person sadly. Just want people to hang out in a cafe with for a Genreal gossip with, but no one is free.
    You could search for a meet up online based on that or befriend people at your local cafe, activities or go to social clubs (not sports based). There is plenty of voluntary work, activities and this could help you make friends and in turn you could as them to go to the cafe you for a chat.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.