Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I support Donald Trump's Ban Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILikePasta)
    yeah, IS are believers in Islamic ideology, but they are not THE ideolgy
    Compare them to how the original Muslims behaved, not that different. IS just practice Islam as it would have been when it was created.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asiangcse)
    May I ask what disaster is happening in the UK? Just because I'm living here and the only disasters I've heard in the news so far is about the state of the NHS? It's those pesky refugees stealing beds and organs aren't they?
    I can only assume he is talking about the many problems we face such as health tourism, no school spaces, major congestion, Islamised schools, being on a severe terror alert, English being taught as a second language in schools and colleges. Illegal Sharia courts... Need any more examples?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FolloUrDreams)
    You only have to look at the disaster happening in Germany, France, UK etc. to realise that what Trump has done is a good idea. Countries need to have control over people who come in and anyone who thinks having 'refugees' flood in is a good idea is ignorant.
    i totally agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    Bans that are this controversial and implemented ASAP without any real thought of the consequences only create more divide and disaster everywhere.
    Just because the far left say so it doesn't mean that it is controversial. It is not a ban, it is simply a TEMPORARY halt on immigration from 7 countrys defined as problems by the Obama administration and I see no problem with leaders imposing things quickly when they have a democratic mandate to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelUKIP)
    I can only assume he is talking about the many problems we face such as health tourism, no school spaces, major congestion, Islamised schools, being on a severe terror alert, English being taught as a second language in schools and colleges. Illegal Sharia courts... Need any more examples?
    You're disillusion if you think having refugees allowed in the UK is the root cause to all those problems.

ReputationRep:
    You're disillusion if you think having refugees allowed in the UK is the root cause to all those problems.
    2 Things.

1. I think you meant deluded.

2. I do not think that refugees are the root cause, I think that unlimited immigration from the EU and fairly similar rates from the rest of the world are a major factor, matched with our poor vetting measures. This was not a thread about banning refugees it was a thread about Trumps temporary travel ban.

And FYI, I think it is of the utmost importance that we help the worlds unfortunates. However, before being allowed in the UK they must be reviewed properly and vetted to sufficient standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelUKIP)
    2 Things.

1. I think you meant deluded.

2. I do not think that refugees are the root cause, I think that unlimited immigration from the EU and fairly similar rates from the rest of the world are a major factor, matched with our poor vetting measures. This was not a thread about banning refugees it was a thread about Trumps temporary travel ban.

And FYI, I think it is of the utmost importance that we help the worlds unfortunates. However, before being allowed in the UK they must be reviewed properly and vetted to sufficient standards.
    Apologies I meant delusional.

OP mentioned 'anyone who thinks having 'refugees' flood in is a good idea is ignorant' that's why I mentioned refugees, I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Don't you think the UK has a proper vetting system already? They seem quite strict with their refugee intake, promising 20,000 refugees from the middle east in the next 5 years which isn't comparable to the figures other EU countries are supporting, seems like the UK have kept their 'sufficient standards'

ReputationRep:
    Apologies I meant delusional.

OP mentioned 'anyone who thinks having 'refugees' flood in is a good idea is ignorant' that's why I mentioned refugees, I'm sorry if you misunderstood.

Don't you think the UK has a proper vetting system already? They seem quite strict with their refugee intake, promising 20,000 refugees from the middle east in the next 5 years which isn't comparable to the figures other EU countries are supporting, seems like the UK have kept their 'sufficient standards'
    The numbers aren't the biggest problem in my mind. All that says to me is that we are slacking. Currently no level of the English language is needed, there is no definitive checks on where they have come from meaning the vast majority have not come directly from major warzones and we are much smaller with a much higher population than other EU countries so it is unfair to compare intake stats.

ReputationRep:
    Let's lighten the mood with a nice meme about trump, obama and bush administrations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    Bans that are this controversial and implemented ASAP without any real thought of the consequences only create more divide and disaster everywhere.
    It's a ban. A ban is to keep people out. If you publicly discuss it and broadcast the date of implementation people will simply make their move before the ban takes effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    They're celebs(Gigi Bella) that are half arab. They decided to go to the march.
    If they're famous it can't be vacuous virtue-signalling.

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.