Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    ii) i never existed in a society that committed or condoned an act of slavery.
    No, but you have lived in one that profited tremendously from it - and which is still defined by its legacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    No, but you have lived in one that profited tremendously from it.
    yes, as do you.

ReputationRep:
    that committed an act that wasnt a crime at the time, that the world can indeed look back on as being immoral and totally oppressive. that the whole world, whites and non-whites participated in, and that the white European races put an end to first, outlawed first and punished first. slavery continues around the world most notably in Africa and Asia.

i) white referring to the European colonial civilisations.
    ii) white in counter reference to your use of the term black.
    ii) i never existed in a society that committed or condoned an act of slavery.
    i appreciate your views, but all i am saying, is that certain television programme cause friction between races.

ReputationRep:
    yes, as do you.
    But we live on different terms within this society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalhustle1984)
    but all i am saying, is that certain television programme cause friction between races.
    thats not all you were saying, but ill take this as both a retraction and reaffirmation of your points here and accept that some tension can arise from documentaries on this issue.

ReputationRep:
    But we live on different terms within this society.
    you and me? how?

ReputationRep:
    thats not all you were saying, but ill take this as both a retraction and reaffirmation of your points here and accept that some tension can arise from documentaries on this issue.
    there is no retraction, but i accept this is not the correct stage to air particular views.

ReputationRep:
    you and me? how?
    Well, I can only presume that you're white European. In which case, you would be the beneficiary of a society which has been engineered on your terms, to meet your needs. You will benefit from reduced discrimination, will not go to sleep at night thinking that you don't belong and will probably not suffer the indignity of being viewed of as a common thief, by most the people you encounter...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can only presume that you're white European. In which case, you would be the beneficiary of a society which has been engineered on your terms, to meet your needs.
    to meet the needs of civilised and democratic man. that stands not only irrelevant of race but seeks to engineer out any such qualification.

You will benefit from reduced discrimination,
    no.

will not go to sleep at night thinking that you don't belong
    wrong.

and will probably not suffer the indignity of being viewed of as a common thief, by most the people you encounter...
    no, just a rich snobby racist white who will no doubt view you as a common thief.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can only presume that you're white European. In which case, you would be the beneficiary of a society which has been engineered on your terms, to meet your needs. You will benefit from reduced discrimination, will not go to sleep at night thinking that you don't belong and will probably not suffer the indignity of being viewed of as a common thief, by most the people you encounter...
    i aint got that same problem, i go to sleep knowing i belong, after all the years of suffering and all my ancestor have done, they have earned my place. this is my home and i will defend it too. so if they asian boys wanna flash pictures of oama bin laden, i will confront them, because obviosly they are the enemy within, traitors

ReputationRep:
    it was them, that also committed the crime.

and y are you refering to "white" like you not within that race.
    I fear you cannot see the wood for the trees, it may interest you to know that “one in four British African Caribbean men have a Y chromosome that traces back to Europe rather than Africa”. I should point out that this is the case for all races and it can be quite common for white people to trace the history of their Mitochondria to India, China, Africa etc and vice-versa.

Therefore, you should not continuously sling mud at others for events that occurred hundreds of years ago, when for all your knowledge your ancestors may very well have taken an active role in the slave trade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/genes/...s/results.shtml

ReputationRep:
    to meet the needs of civilised and democratic man. that stands not only irrelevant of race but seeks to engineer out any such qualification.
    This is fanciful in the extreme.

ReputationRep:
    there is no retraction
    ive been doing this far too long im afraid.

BEFORE:
    u guys must be the dumbest smart people the united kingdom has to offer.

always tryin to apply intellect and academia to all situations.

rascism is not one of those topics that can be analysed.

within every race there are individuals that underachieve.

therefore it is unfair to isolate black people.

all that programme yesterday did, was to create tension between minorities.

that programme was poison and did not achieve anything positive.

i am black african, the programme focused on west-indians.

i am studyin law at university, i am going into my final year and i am on a first, but despite that i am unable to get a work placement.

i am not going to say it is racism, maybe im not trying hard enough.

but what has to be recognised is that in every race in our society, there are individuals that are looked down upon, so it is highly unfair for those asians idiots to act like blacks are all lazy.

and to biggles, if u ever said a "banana joke" in my presence, u would witness the "superior" strength of black people.

and to jools, you need to stop analysing everything.

i hate it when fools try to comment on racial issues when they don't know anything.

and to the fool that started this thread, you need to watch Malcolm X.

I hope i see you in a town centre, i will crack that coconut of yours
    AFTER:

all i am saying, is that certain television programme cause friction between races

ReputationRep:
    This is fanciful in the extreme.
    perhaps you can tell me how contemporary society is engineered for the European man? society built on principles of democracy, liberty and equality, or are those now exclusive to the white man?

ReputationRep:
    no, just a rich snobby racist white who will no doubt view you as a common thief.
    I've never been disingenuous in my responses towards you - I expect similar treatment.

ReputationRep:
    ive been doing this far too long im afraid.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

my views remain the same, therefore there is no retraction, but how many times can i say the same thing, to people that dont wanna understand. so therefore to save time i just summary my view on the programme without the exterior issues.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been disingenuous in my responses towards you - I expect similar treatment.
    of course.

ReputationRep:
    my views remain the same, therefore there is no retraction, but how many times can i say the same thing, to people that dont wanna understand. so therefore to save time i just summary my view on the programme without the exterior issues.
    so that wasnt "all you were saying" then, was it.

ReputationRep:
    so that wasnt "all you were saying" then, was it.
    yes, it was, with regards directly to this thread, if i was to start a thread on racial issues then i would go deeper.

i like discussion with you, makes me sharper.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps you can tell me how contemporary society is engineered for the European man? society built on principles of democracy, liberty and equality, or are those now exclusive to the white man?
    Certain elements of the black experience are intangible to those who haven't lived it. You wouldn't understand how it feels to have school teachers (initially) respond to you as though you are thick, to have people crossing the street as fast as their legs can carry them, to have home vendors give you problems buying a house, to have a bank manager who views you with suspicion, to be marginalized in the workplace... - all through no doing of your own.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.