Turn on thread page Beta

Who You Calling N****r watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    We are preconditioned to dismiss anything if the term "RACIST" is thrown about, and that term is thrown about as soon as any hint of race is mentioned as a factor for something.
    I agree, i wanted to do a research project into discrimination of the basis of surnames (sounds harmless enough) and my tutor thought it far too controversial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Not really – Orientals have the least developed personality. They are the most efficient herd but are hopeless, utterly hopeless, on the individual level. Indeed there are very few Oriental individuals out there – ‘only’ a huge herd of Orientals with one shared collective personality.
    I can only assume you have not interacted with many Orientals, as i have found them to be cultured, refined and individualistic.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Biggles is a **** no matter what thread he posts in... if you cared to look into the matter, "race" does not exist... nor does "racism" exist... it is all based on cultural differences and any superficial differences are brought about by selective pressures, which if removed would result in an identical human species...

We are not genetically predisposed to act in a certain way, give me the logic behind that twatmaster flex...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    Wow, Biggles is a **** no matter what thread he posts in... if you cared to look into the matter, "race" does not exist... nor does "racism" exist... it is all based on cultural differences and any superficial differences are brought about by selective pressures, which if removed would result in an identical human species...
    bollarks

(Original post by Nik P)
    We are not genetically predisposed to act in a certain way, give me the logic behind that twatmaster flex...
    Where does he say we are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nan Siarich)
    bollarks
    Actually, what Nik P said makes sense if you open your mind and think about it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nan Siarich)
    bollarks

Where does he say we are?
    Care to provide reasoned argument?... or are you his rent boy in training?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    I think it is. Anyone who truly believes that some people are inferior due to their skin colour is ignorant. End of story.

stupid liberal idiot view that was.
    The real world makes racists and one day all you liberal fascists will wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiLiberal)
    stupid liberal idiot view that was.
    The real world makes racists and one day all you liberal fascists will wake up.
    Noo, don't spark up this thread again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Noo, don't spark up this thread again
    I liked this thread. It separated the real from the fake.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe I missed this thread, or the TV programme. Does anyone know if it will be repeated?

To add a little comment I feel from reading the first page of this thread believe me black people look down upon other races, maybe not as much and not as publically as other races do so towards to us, but hell it exsists. I agree with the sentiment that racial hatred is more intense in inner-cities, larger populations of different races exsist and immediatley bigger differences are noticed and therefore bigger barrier between races and cultures are constructed. Leadin to only the possibility of hatred towards other races festering. If you come to outer city areas and towns like my own you will see that these barriers are not as in exsistence as in an intense form as inner city areas. Races mingle they may hate but at least they mingle, this is to say they are "tolerant" of each, an expression I hate, why should one tolerant i.e. just put up with another race. In my view full fledged racial hatred present in inner cities is just as bad as racial tolerance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Now, if your mother was black, your friends were black, your house was a *****y little thing in London, you were beaten up for doing well in tests at school, you had to spend evenings looking after your siblings, your peers forced you into a life of drugs and vandalism, your inner city comprehensive didn't allow higher than foundation GCSE papers, your mother suffered depression, you didn't have the money for books and your mate was shot, would you still be in an environment where you could work damn damn damn hard to get out of there, and would you be able to succeed with education?.
    Again, this isn't a race thing, it's an innercity thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)

What Nik P has said is quite correct, race is purely a cultural abstraction.
    Race in society is conventionally defined by the obvious outward genetic difference that is skin colour, but one could equally define race based upon other genetic traits such a blood type or even lactose intolerance etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unclecraig)
    What Nik P has said is quite correct, race is purely a cultural abstraction.
    Race in society is conventionally defined by the obvious outward genetic difference that is skin colour, but one could equally define race based upon other genetic traits such a blood type or even lactose intolerance etc.
    Its hard to come to any outright conclusion as true debate and research (as demonstrated earlier in the thread) are prevented by the PC and nothing else culture we have to endure. The most obvious example of race superiority in an area is that of the black success in athletics/sport - and if there should be one area in which a race holds an advantage over others why should there not be others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Its hard to come to any outright conclusion as true debate and research (as demonstrated earlier in the thread) are prevented by the PC and nothing else culture we have to endure. The most obvious example of race superiority in an area is that of the black success in athletics/sport - and if there should be one area in which a race holds an advantage over others why should there not be others?
    The race perspective regarding colour is too entrenched in society and culture because it is such an obvious outward difference between groups of peoples. To take your sporting example, tall people will generally make better high jumpers or long jumpers. Height is a genetic trait and therefore, from a biological point of view may equally be used to determine race along with other genetic traits whether they be skin colour, blood type or eye colour.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch the programme...don't quite know where to start. I'm mixed race (jamaican/white) so I got a bit of a perspective on the whole thing. Just gonna jot down whatever comes to mind on the topic.

ALL races have racists.
    Racism does exist, the guy that said it didn't basically said what it actually means in a different way, though i agree it's not like a built in thing.
    Black and Asians started to grow in this country around the same time, hence the rivalry.
    Popular culture celebrates the black man as a bad boy, entertainer and sportsman.
    Black youth have no real and present rolemodels that aren't ***** ie 50 Cent
    ALL races have lazy *******s and losers.
    Blacks aren't just black...they're from all kindsa places, n it's less to do with their "race" as opposed to their cultural background. Africans r worlds apart from Jamaicans for example.
    Asians have massive family pressure to work hard and aim high - they're no more intelligent.
    Blacks have family pressure comparable to whites, but have a much stronger peer pressure and a not as much support.
    Genetics might have something to do with it...but it wouldn't be much more than a coupla IQ points...negligible...It's been proven that emotional intelligence (that which we learn as children) is much more indicative of performance - the answer lies more in nurture.
    Chinese people must get ripped on the most outta all the races I'd say.
    A lot of non blacks love black culture, leading to more pressure on a black to be..."black"
    Blacks started to come to Britain mainly in the 60's escaping from instability and Asians came to Britain at the same time...to make money to help their families at home...this difference is quite important.
    Diet is an important factor considering sport, I know that when I'm eatin Jamaican food I'm getting a lot more protein than I would normally.
    In my experience, asian people are some of the most racist people I know.
    Politically Correctness is getting out of hand.
    To say that you can't get pass your exams if you go to a bad school is wrong.
    Being fatherless is no excuse for failing.
    My uncle is a Physicist, he grew up in a 2 bed flat in Manchester with my dad in the middla Old Trafford.
    Bad parents are always a problem, and often worse than just one.
    Blacks and asians cannot be compared with modern immigrants as the systems for blacks and asians to be catered for was less than bog standard and now asylum seekers are given a hell of a lot more.
    Not acheiving is one thing - Celebrating it is another.
    You're more massively more likely to be shunned by a black person than a white person for being both.
    The original post imo was more annoyed at the gang he mentioned actin like ***** as opposed to what they were wearin in his defence.

Meh...I'm tired at the mo, it's late. I could go on for hours...Nice to see you haven't joined the losers you mentioned. I did ok at school aswell (3 B's, 3 A's, 4 A*'s), got 3 B's n a C at AS level, startin Physics degree in September but was quite lazy.... Saying that I was just as lazy as white friends who I did just as well as...Either way theres never an excuse to be a loser especially when you're giving others reason to discriminate against your own people.

PS/ People should try download a Chris Rock comedy skit called "Niggaz vs Black People" hehehe it's great, rather appropriate n all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay0)
    Legalhustle1984, I'm glad to see we are still on the same wavelength :cool:

And John, don't take this the wrong way, but it seems to be that you have negative views of black people. You are TOO quick to jump to conclusions.

My problem with you is that I did not understand why you would come on a forum with majority white posters, and ask what you did. You are black, your parents probably experienced discrimination and you probably have to. You should have at least a vague idea of what those '50centers' probably go through. An intelligent black man, like mobdeep, would understand why things are the way they are now.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fishpaste
    I'll add something new to the debate here too, black females will only suffer a fraction of the discrimination of black males in society,

I agree. Black females may also experience sexism, but the 'hatred' for black man is greater.

What are you doing whining about racism in the UK, boy? This is a white land, and you are a trespasser here. You shouldn't even be here, let alone run those boot-lips about racism against you. You think you have a right to come here where you're not wanted and be a burden to white people, and white people have an obligation to not be racist towards you? You're a typical jig parasite.

I've got news for you BOY, blacks aren't entitled to a life of tolerance here. You deserve discrimination for being in a land where you don't belong, at the expense of the people it really belongs to. If you don't like being discriminated against in this society then go back to africa, boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah101)
    It's happened several times that I've been out in the evening with one of my best friends (who's black) and she's been called a "coconut" by a gang of black youths, just because she's with me. Yet I've never had anyone criticise me for being friends with someone who is black. She finds it really frustrating as well, she's like you in that she's very intelligent and is going to university next month but is sick of people expecting her to act a certain way just because of the colour of her skin. We have to laugh when listening to her younger brothers talk - one of them sounds like he is straight out of New York!

You sound like you're doing everything you can, don't let it get you down! It's probably something you'll come up against quite a few times in life, and there's not much more you can do.

It makes you wonder why we even allow black immigrants into our country if this is how they act.

Oh, that's right... the labourites force us to let them in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plantationowner)
    What are you doing whining about racism in the UK, boy? This is a white land, and you are a trespasser here. You shouldn't even be here, let alone run those boot-lips about racism against you. You think you have a right to come here where you're not wanted and be a burden to white people, and white people have an obligation to not be racist towards you? You're a typical jig parasite.

I've got news for you BOY, blacks aren't entitled to a life of tolerance here. You deserve discrimination for being in a land where you don't belong, at the expense of the people it really belongs to. If you don't like being discriminated against in this society then go back to africa, boy.
    Ouch...wounded.. :rolleyes: Sounds like something out of 'Roots' by Alex Haley. Lol..i'm too happy about my A level results to even argue.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.