x Turn on thread page Beta

Who You Calling N****r watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incomplete)
    i'm not
    oops, wrong person, apologies.

ReputationRep:
    Da_wilder and legal hustle 1984 - where are you doing your law degrees at?

ReputationRep:
    there's a lot more to life than education. My point is that from a personal standpoint i act like what he has described as 'stereotypical back behaviour', and still do well academically. My point is that he shouldn't judge us by the way we act, or distance himself from that.
    And like someone has said, that fool needs to watch some Martin Luther King (if not Malcom X).

ReputationRep:
    why do u wanna know?

i just read some more of jools posts, that guy is such an idiot.

that "black steotypical behaviour" must be attractive because all of the white and asian pricks in my area are copying it!!!! trying to look like dizzee rascal.

i hate race discussion because nobody know what they are talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm goin to manchester in september, haven't started yet. y?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by da_wilder)
    there's a lot more to life than education. My point is that from a personal standpoint i act like what he has described as 'stereotypical back behaviour', and still do well academically. My point is that he shouldn't judge us by the way we act, or distance himself from that.
    And like someone has said, that fool needs to watch some Martin Luther King (if not Malcom X).
    which is good, i hardly think if you were educated you (which you obviously are) would be slandering against your own race tho which seems to be the main brunt of the discussion. Nor would you be lazy or prepared to put your image before achievement. It's these factors IMO that need to be addressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalhustle1984)
    why do u wanna know?
    Just asking, it's not a crime.

just read some more of jools posts, that guy is such an idiot.
    I wouldn't call him an idiot personally, but I suppose you know better.

that "black steotypical behaviour" must be attractive because all of the white and asian pricks in my area are copying it!!!! trying to look like dizzee rascal.

i hate race discussion because nobody know what they are talking about.
    I can see where you're coming from, partially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by da_wilder)
    I'm goin to manchester in september, haven't started yet. y?
    Just out of curiosity - I'm in the upper sixth and will be applying to law courses in September. Thank you for telling me though.

ReputationRep:
    so u know what you're talking about do you? And as a young black woman i don't know what i'm talking about?
    Cut the crap son, if we dnt talk about it it'll never change.

ReputationRep:
    well i guess that programme did achieve something. only on those individuals within the vast black race that do not know actually like being black.

the aim of that programme was to divide and destroy. by effective inciting racial hatred toward other minorities.

the mental poison used by the media has infected, the boy who started this thread and many others. causing him to wish he was not black.

i think the people that should be ashamed is the asians, because of the conduct of the 2 asian innit boys. saying that they are going to turn the country into pakistan. that statement angered me, and if i was white i would probably join the bnp.

he also praise osama bin laden on his phone. instead of focusing on blacks, asians need to focus on themselves.

ReputationRep:
    could users legalhustle1984 and da_wilder please use the quote button so other users can tell whose points you are actually questioning. Otherwise its very hard to respond to them.

ReputationRep:
    image? what is wrong with a black person being themself. I dress and behaviour the way i want to. i like to think i am an intelligent individual, i have been raised by my equally educated parents to not be oppressed into a certain kind of beheviour.

that is the problem, society trying to control black people by saying our image is inappropriate, and the fact we dress in a particular way must mean we are uneducated.

i wear what ever i want, my presentation has no affect on my personal achievements.

maybe i should stop wearing this black skin and maybe i will be accepted??? NO, i dont care, i am a hard worker, and no matter how much i dont fit in, i am going to get where i going to and no prick is going to ever get me to change, just to fit in to your ideals.

ReputationRep:
    could users legalhustle1984 and da_wilder please use the quote button so other users can tell whose points you are actually questioning. Otherwise its very hard to respond to them.
    I would echo this.

ReputationRep:
    image? what is wrong with a black person being themself. I dress and behaviour the way i want to. i like to think i am an intelligent individual, i have been raised by my equally educated parents to not be oppressed into a certain kind of beheviour.

that is the problem, society trying to control black people by saying our image is inappropriate, and the fact we dress in a particular way must mean we are uneducated.

i wear what ever i want, my presentation has no affect on my personal achievements.

maybe i should stop wearing this black skin and maybe i will be accepted??? NO, i dont care, i am a hard worker, and no matter how much i dont fit in, i am going to get where i going to and no prick is going to ever get me to change, just to fit in to your ideals.
    did i say image was unimportant?

ReputationRep:

no, i will not (well, i will on this occassion), i want you to have to read everything, so you can be educated beyond one pattern of thought.

ReputationRep:
    which is good, i hardly think if you were educated you (which you obviously are) would be slandering against your own race tho which seems to be the main brunt of the discussion. Nor would you be lazy or prepared to put your IMAGE BEFORE ACHIEVEMENT. It's these factors IMO that need to be addressed.

ReputationRep:
    no, i will not (well, i will on this occassion), i want you to have to read everything, so you can be educated beyond one pattern of thought.
    This would still happen if you quoted.

When you use ambiguous pronouns in 'response' to the posts of others, it gets confusing as to who you are referring to.

ReputationRep:
    I will read all of it, however its easier to understand the arguements that you are presenting to support your view if you say which bit of my posts you disagree with.

This isn't some nerdy excuse to try and ignore your points, its a point that is desgined to make it easier for all users and make your arguement stronger. If you don't do it then I am afraid I do not think I will be able to follow your points as I am having trouble already.

ReputationRep:
    legalhustle1984 that doesn't say image is unimportant, its says education is more important

ReputationRep:
    Funny thing is i use to live in Birchills - Walsall, one area they focused on in this program.
    Those 'innit' Ali G kids they met in Birchills were idiots,if anyone had the pleasure of walking around walsall town center(according to one asian fella "what blacks do"? ) you would see the same kids acting 'chav' not so-called 'black' with burberry caps(@45 degrees),rockports and the single golf glove.
    Where i live in Walsall now the same lads drive around in Scoobies or Evo's all day playing loud music day & night.

I see the same lads everyday(some i know for a fact push B's) but i do not make assumptions about every asian i see like some of the asian people did on said show.

As far as i can tell you can find bad or even GOOD in all races.

1 Question What is acting Black :confused:

As a black/west indian person i really really find this term hard to understand.

I love hiphop & RnB :rolleyes:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.