Show

JK, I can't be too mean during your exams :hugs::hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraggor)
    Yup, that's exactly what a Gold Digger would say...move on hun
    Spoiler:
    Show

JK, I can't be too mean during your exams :hugs::hugs:

You can't be mean to me at all! Exam season or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kraggor)
    You don't have to work...just join the Gold Digger club with mali473
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    You can't be mean to me at all! Exam season or not!
    Oh? When did that rule come into effect? Ahaha, oops my bad :laugh: Sorry! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Tough ****. We aren't going to pay for you lot to sit on benefits while we do actual work. Get a job and stop whining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    The biggest problem with not working I subsequently found is that intelligent women aren't overly impressed unless they are also artistic...
    lol is that what you call it? Being artistic lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This may sound odd, everyone else seems to be content with getting a job and working. I'm not, and I wonder why I seem to think differently this way.

I just can't rationalise how people can want to work from 8am to 6pm, or longer, every day 5 days a week, for barely any money and want to do this every day for the rest of their lives.

I just don't get it, and I don't want to get a job because this is precisely what I'm concerned my life will end up being and I don't want that. For life to be worth living I believe you have to make it worth living and I don't think my life would be worth living by getting a job.
    Then don't. Find a partner with a decent wage (willing to share his/her wealth, of course) and you are all set. I can't imagine going to work ever again, either, although my reasons are completely different.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I get this.
    I mean I know it's something you need to do and that the majority of people just get on with, but honestly i'm so scared of getting a job.
    I've been ill since GCSEs and have become less and less able to do anything, to the point I needed to be woken for dinner then go back to bed. I'm improving now, but that's the life i'm used to and I don't know how much that can or will change.
    I have zero motivation to do anything and i'm not sure any more how much that's down to my physical health and how much it's just me being pathetic.

Given my life experience so far I just can't see myself managing with a job without being financially boned and/ or getting totally overworked. For most people a job facilitates their life, but for me I honestly thing I will be working myself into the ground just to survive. I'm hoping all this will change when my health improves, but I have a huge fear that my health will improve and I'll continue to be this pathetic unmotivated mess.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Det.Hartigan)
    Apply then perform like crap at the interviews?
    You can get sanctioned for things like this.

You should be grateful that you can work. I'd love to work. But it's not actually possible.

ReputationRep:
    I felt like this too, so I created my own job by starting my own business. It's a lot of work, but more enjoyable and certainly the best job I've ever had! 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You can get sanctioned for things like this.
    Not sure how they would know tbh, have heard of loads of people doing it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.