Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiyya, other people who are dying over this new (and awful) course, I have one question:

Does anyone have any solid notes/ case studies/ resources that they can share as I literally have nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I'm doing aqa but I cannot imagine it is too much difference.

I actually think the changes to most modules arent too bad (I'm doing coasts and hazards)

However, the changing places module is where I am totally lost. The only place studies I have are the detroit : Boom and Bust one as well as Glasgow rebranding (Compared to a local place).

We just had our mocks, and in the 20 marker I felt I was just blabbing!

However, it seems most people on the new spec is struggling so hopefully the grade boundaries wont be so high.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got the OCR endorsed text book by Hodder education? Are school didn't supply them personally to us because of a lack of funding and instead handed out a million photocopies. So I bought it myself and there's a few case studies in there. Case studies you'll need for the exam are contrasting places (rural and urban) on a local scale, contrast of places (LIDC/EDC to an AC) on a global scale and one focusing on the rebranding of a place. There's one contrasting a slum in Indonesia and a 'village' in California which is good. And there's a case study about Birmingham for the rebranding. They have lots of detail and are pretty self explanatory

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.