Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiyya, other people who are dying over this new (and awful) course, I have one question:

Does anyone have any solid notes/ case studies/ resources that they can share as I literally have nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I'm doing aqa but I cannot imagine it is too much difference.

I actually think the changes to most modules arent too bad (I'm doing coasts and hazards)

However, the changing places module is where I am totally lost. The only place studies I have are the detroit : Boom and Bust one as well as Glasgow rebranding (Compared to a local place).

We just had our mocks, and in the 20 marker I felt I was just blabbing!

However, it seems most people on the new spec is struggling so hopefully the grade boundaries wont be so high.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got the OCR endorsed text book by Hodder education? Are school didn't supply them personally to us because of a lack of funding and instead handed out a million photocopies. So I bought it myself and there's a few case studies in there. Case studies you'll need for the exam are contrasting places (rural and urban) on a local scale, contrast of places (LIDC/EDC to an AC) on a global scale and one focusing on the rebranding of a place. There's one contrasting a slum in Indonesia and a 'village' in California which is good. And there's a case study about Birmingham for the rebranding. They have lots of detail and are pretty self explanatory

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.