Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I like about Trump is that he is not a career politician.

Both in the UK and the USA politicians are taught how to lie, how to manipulate people, how to distort the truth, how to manipulate the media, who to bribe and who not to clash with. I don't trust any politicians as it is simply not in their nature to be truthful.

Trump on the other hand is not a politician. He will say things that people will not agree with. He will do things that people will not agree with. He is brash. He is egotistical. He speaks before he thinks. He is going to put his foot in his mouth many a time.

But one thing is sure, he loves America. He will do all he can for the American people. If that means ruffling feathers both internally and externally then so be it - the end will justify the means.

He has been called sexist. How many men within the confines of male company have not said what he has. How many women have said things about men out with their friends and how many have been to see male strippers!

They call him racist. Hell he's married 2 foreigners!

I just feel if it wasn't for the media being so biased then there wouldn't be anywhere near the hostility being directed towards Trump. Yet they don't seem to have a bad word to say about a man whose healthcare system has been a disaster and has buddied up to the peddlers of terrorism in Saudi Arabia. Does make you wonder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutz99)
    The one thing I like about Trump is that he is not a career politician.

Both in the UK and the USA politicians are taught how to lie, how to manipulate people, how to distort the truth, how to manipulate the media, who to bribe and who not to clash with. I don't trust any politicians as it is simply not in their nature to be truthful.

Trump on the other hand is not a politician. He will say things that people will not agree with. He will do things that people will not agree with. He is brash. He is egotistical. He speaks before he thinks. He is going to put his foot in his mouth many a time.

But one thing is sure, he loves America. He will do all he can for the American people. If that means ruffling feathers both internally and externally then so be it - the end will justify the means.

He has been called sexist. How many men within the confines of male company have not said what he has. How many women have said things about men out with their friends and how many have been to see male strippers!

They call him racist. Hell he's married 2 foreigners!

I just feel if it wasn't for the media being so biased then there wouldn't be anywhere near the hostility being directed towards Trump. Yet they don't seem to have a bad word to say about a man whose healthcare system has been a disaster and has buddied up to the peddlers of terrorism in Saudi Arabia. Does make you wonder?
    I supported Trump when his candidacy was just a rumor. I would cringe when he would say something weird. Now I just laugh. He has a 52% favorable rating and my guess is it will creep up as people begin judging his actions instead of what someone says about him. The race card was the first attempt to discredit him. Now that that accusation has about played itself out, the rest of the false rumors will start to dissolve.

ReputationRep:
    After reading some of the less covered aspects of his tenure, I have changed my mind on him a little, and am actually enjoying parts of his leadership. His tax scheme is to benefit anyone earning less than 25,000 Dollars per year, and if married up to 50,000 Dollars for the joint income. In essence, anyone earning up to this amount will not pay any tax!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.