ideas for keeping younger sister amused.... Watch

This discussion is closed.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
right, heres the deal. tommorow im off up north to manchester/cheshire to be more exact with my 14 year old sister for a week.

now id be happy sitting in a pub all day...enjoying the northerners..but she has other ideas.

i need ideas of what we can do....day trips/activities that last a couple of hours...in and arround manchester/cheshire/crew area

any ideas please???

love Katy ***
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
find a theme park, or a shopping centre to go to, or even a cinema. or an ice rink, and maybe a westlife gig for her to attend.

my knowledge of 14 yr old girls stops there i'm afraid
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
right, heres the deal. tommorow im off up north to manchester/cheshire to be more exact with my 14 year old sister for a week.

now id be happy sitting in a pub all day...enjoying the northerners..but she has other ideas.

i need ideas of what we can do....day trips/activities that last a couple of hours...in and arround manchester/cheshire/crew area

any ideas please???

love Katy ***
Lend her yor laptop, with internet access, then create an account on UKL for her too use, this will help solve your problem, and allow you to indulge in your local pub whilst dribbling over us northern lads.

Failing that, take her to an art gallery/museum, as we have tons and tons over here, visit the 'Trafford Centre' and do a bit of shopping plus you can nip to the bars in there too.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Trafford Centre.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
camelot, if she likes theme parks.
trafford centre or the arndale
if you can get to chester, take her for a day out there, really nice city
i ike bhaal's idea as well- you might be in danger of not getting your laptop back though
MC Hawking IV
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago

any ideas please???

love Katy ***
take her raving. kids these days are growing up fast anyways.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
if you can get to chester, take her for a day out there, really nice city
If she likes hollyoaks then u'll recognise sum places in chester
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
good ideas people, i'll have the car so chester might be a really good idea. the trafford center is a must....but a very expensive day out....

love Katy ***
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
go shopping and then to the cinema and then maybe go ice skating or bowling
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think cinema is the best option. you cant go wrong with that when you have a little kid with you.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lasssssssser quest
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Lasssssssser quest
That's better than paintballing. Paintballing is painful.
lubilu
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pegasus)
That's better than paintballing. Paintballing is painful.
yay.. take her paintballing.. hehe.. i am evil
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

any ideas please???

love Katy ***
This is a nice day out:

http://www.tattonpark.org.uk/

There are plenty of things to do up't north, just find a tourism information centre.
p8224
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
good ideas people, i'll have the car so chester might be a really good idea. the trafford center is a must....but a very expensive day out....

love Katy ***
if you wanna go shopping, cheshire oaks is a good place. it doesn't have the atmosphere that trafford center does and it's not quite as big either but the bargains are good!
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just send her to the play areas or something and then go to the pub.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
This is a nice day out:

http://www.tattonpark.org.uk/

There are plenty of things to do up't north, just find a tourism information centre.
Tatton Park is brilliant - I went there recently.

Lyme Hall is better though, they set Pride and Prejudice there are there's a deer park.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by happysunshine)
Just send her to the play areas or something and then go to the pub.
at 14.....play areas?

love Katy ***
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
at 14.....play areas?

love Katy ***

Fair enough, but 14 year olds love pubs, I know I did. Throw in a bit of shopping and a few museums and you'll make it a fourteen year olds heaven.
*skye*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Take her shopping... that always goes down well. Bribery does too lol... Cinema is another idea, it will keep her quiet at least and you could watch something too.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads