Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1112 - National Air Ambulance bill 2017 Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Aye, but the costing is wrong, it will not take long for the costs to spiral as the government imposes targets, new policies, and reforms to make it a less efficient, more costly service to run.
    Not to mention expectation to do more and more

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would favour having the services contracted out to a private company who can run things properly because a charity situation is not ideal for something comparable to a public good.
    Need to be a bit careful there. If it's a fixed cost contract then there's the risk that flights will be refused for cost reasons (any flight refused will benefit the company's profits). On the other hand if there is a per-flight payment then pressure will be on to make flights in marginal or dangerous conditions for the same reason - it's part of the reason HEMS is one of the most dangerous parts of the helicopter industry.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aye - I don't see why not.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

Although it should be under DoH

ReputationRep:
    Aye

Makes sense
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nay, don't feel cost will help this at all.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Not to mention expectation to do more and more

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I noticed today the bill makes a £10000 cost per flight a legal requirement, excluding the situations where a helicopter may be needed for extended periods of time at a higher cost.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I noticed today the bill makes a £10000 cost per flight a legal requirement, excluding the situations where a helicopter may be needed for extended periods of time at a higher cost.
    Did you expect a well thought out bill from that pair

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have never understood why cost is ever an issue on MHoC. There's no consequences to spending unlimited money.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    I have never understood why cost is ever an issue on MHoC. There's no consequences to spending unlimited money.
    To pretend cost is no issue would break the game, for instance, would it be fitting to have nominal spending on par with the likes of the US (I. E. Over 100% of GDP)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This bill has entered cessation!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This bill has been withdrawn!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.