Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Or just very busy people?

Not sure if I have put this in the right place, but I just want to ask how you find enough time to get everything done. I have aims to go to a conservetoire and I am in year 11 doing grade 8 violin, having lkayed for 5 years, so I am quite behind and really need to (and want to) work hard to achieve my goals. I have a music scholarship for sixth form so I will have to manage my time differently then, but I find it really hard to get in enough practice on top of studying right now.

I need 8 1/2 hours sleep a night to function efficiently so this is not something I want to cut back on. I also spend a bit of time reading before bed as it helps me relax and I love it. Add some more time to this for exercising some evenings, showering and eating, it doesn't leave enough time to both the amount of studying and music practice I want to do. I have been getting up early to practice half an hour before school as I love starting the day this way. In the ideal world, I would like to get in a couple of hours of music a day (mostly violin, but also a little bit of piano and theory study) as well as a couple of hours studying. I do a lot of music extra curricular on top of this but this will end after the summer concert in april. How do you fit it all in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.