Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Without drugs or alcohol?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

Here are some steps to becoming a happier person...
    1. Think of positive experiences/thoughts
    2. Listen to your favourite music
    3. Watch the videos of your favourite YouTuber
    4. If you are under pressure from work/school, then take a break from any work and take the time to meditate, take deep breaths and relax.
    5. Go outside to get some fresh air
    6. Watch a comedy or film on TV/Netflix

These are just some suggestions I thought of off the top of my head but there are loads of ways to stay happy! Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I find it's easier to find happiness without drugs and alcohol. You might be in a *****y situation for example, and instead of fixing it you might drink or do drugs. You might have a dull life and only look forward to getting wasted on Fridays with your mates, which is fine, but it's just a distraction from life. In order to find actual fulfilment (in my opinion) you have to be wide awake, fully experience the ups and downs. Find the things you care about/enjoy, there's so much more to life than drink and drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laeliakiwi)
    I find it's easier to find happiness without drugs and alcohol. You might be in a *****y situation for example, and instead of fixing it you might drink or do drugs. You might have a dull life and only look forward to getting wasted on Fridays with your mates, which is fine, but it's just a distraction from life. In order to find actual fulfilment (in my opinion) you have to be wide awake, fully experience the ups and downs. Find the things you care about/enjoy, there's so much more to life than drink and drugs.
    I wrote a whole story but it got no replies so I just replaced it with that but you're right. I've cut down on alcohol and drink loads of water with it, I don't drink alone anymore and I never go near the alternative stuff…

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba17)
    Hi there!

Here are some steps to becoming a happier person...
    1. Think of positive experiences/thoughts
    2. Listen to your favourite music
    3. Watch the videos of your favourite YouTuber
    4. If you are under pressure from work/school, then take a break from any work and take the time to meditate, take deep breaths and relax.
    5. Go outside to get some fresh air
    6. Watch a comedy or film on TV/Netflix

These are just some suggestions I thought of off the top of my head but there are loads of ways to stay happy! Hope this helps x
    I do most of this.. and it works and keeps me going but it's just like a blanket… it doesn't help with what's going on through the back of my mind. I'm gonna try and make a few lifestyle changes so hopefully that'll work

ReputationRep:
    Do the things you love

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    This was deep, especially the ending. Loved it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I wrote a whole story but it got no replies so I just replaced it with that but you're right. I've cut down on alcohol and drink loads of water with it, I don't drink alone anymore and I never go near the alternative stuff…

Thanks
    Well you can send me the story via pm if you'd like, never saw your post. Find other things you might get a buzz from, a new sport perhaps. Drinking water is good. Good luck with it, I'm on a similar boat.

Welcome!

Edit: Also, mindfulness meditation! Helps me loads.

ReputationRep:
    Cute film, love Simon Pegg. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Well you can send me the story via pm if you'd like, never saw your post. Find other things you might get a buzz from, a new sport perhaps. Drinking water is good. Good luck with it, I'm on a similar boat.

Welcome!

Edit: Also, mindfulness meditation! Helps me loads.
    I literally put it back up after I read your message and edited it out again 5 minutes ago then you just replied.. lol I'll Pm it, cheers

ReputationRep:
    I literally put it back up after I read your message and edited it out again 5 minutes ago then you just replied.. lol I'll Pm it, cheers
    Bad timing

ReputationRep:
    Cute film, love Simon Pegg. :love:
    simon pegg simply amazing but this is his best film :lol:

ReputationRep:
    simon pegg simply amazing but this is his best film :lol:

Saw it on netflix, I'm yet to watch it though. I'll watch it on Friday

ReputationRep:
    Without drugs or alcohol?
    Do you have a personal PC and some private space?

ReputationRep:
    Saw it on netflix, I'm yet to watch it though. I'll watch it on Friday
    you wont regret it ! :yep:

surely youve seen the classic? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    you wont regret it ! :yep:

surely youve seen the classic? :holmes:

Yes, but it was a long while ago, can't even remember it :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.