Turn on thread page Beta

Surprise surprise, identity of Quebec shooter revealed! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Oh so minorities are not exempt? But when it's white people it's okay? Why should Muslims be made to feel guilty if a person who happens to follow the same religion as them commit so a terrorist attack,why should they be made to apologise for the actions of a complete stranger. Be fair about it. This also extends to other minorities.

So your you're condoning this? Where are all the white leaders,particularly the alt-right?
    This Is terrorism,plain and simple

#say no to terrorism
    #say no to extremist white supremacy
    You very clearly didn't read/understand what the post your quoting was saying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is a surprise. When someone shoots up a mosque, it is overwhelmingly likely that the perpetrator is a Muslim of another faction. I struggle to think of a single other similar incident of a white person doing this, whilst intersectional mosque shootings occur very frequently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    You very clearly didn't read/understand what the post your quoting was saying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah i did,I don't need no white supremacy apologist telling me what I can and can't say boo,ya feel me?

ReputationRep:
    Nah i did,I don't need no white supremacy apologist telling me what I can and can't say boo,ya feel me?
    I don't think you did understand. To clarify: there is no central text of white people that encourages violence against the kuffar and promises you virgins in paradise with all your sins wiped away if you die in service of the white heteropatriarchy. That doesn't exist, and that's why generic white man #37294 and Syeed Farouq are held to different standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    I don't think you did understand. To clarify: there is no central text of white people that encourages violence against the kuffar and promises you virgins in paradise with all your sins wiped away if you die in service of the white heteropatriarchy. That doesn't exist, and that's why generic white man #37294 and Syeed Farouq are held to different standards.
    White supremacy extremists view white supremacy as a religion and consider themselves martyrs if they die in the process of a extremist white supremacist terrorist attack,just look at Dylan roof,he said he'd still do it again and doesn't feel any remorse. They always talk about god in the same breath,Jesus was a middle easterner,they forget that part tho. He wouldn't stand for this.

Only white supremacist apologists/closer white supremacists will excuse this kind of behaviour. Minorities deserve protection,Muslims,Jews,blacks,A sians etc from such attacks. Condemn it instead of condoning it

ReputationRep:
    White supremacy extremists view white supremacy as a religion and consider themselves martyrs if they die in the process of a extremist white supremacist terrorist attack,just look at Dylan roof,he said he'd still do it again and doesn't feel any remorse.

Only white supremacist apologists/closer white supremacists will excuse this kind of behaviour. Minorities deserve protection,Muslims,Jews,blacks,A sians etc from such attacks. Condemn it instead of condoning it
    Nobody's condoning mass murder. But you can't seriously be saying there's no difference between a few unhinged racists (White supremacism is not a religion) and a religion followed by a billion people where the central text encourages this sort of behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Nobody's condoning mass murder. But you can't seriously be saying there's no difference between a few unhinged racists (White supremacism is not a religion) and a religion followed by a billion people where the central text encourages this sort of behaviour.
    Religion is what unites such white supremacist organisations,they hide behind a 'Christian identity'. Not in my name or my religion,we Christians do not stand for that BS. A few unhinged racists? Hahahah! Tell it how it is,i think you mean to say Terrorists,white people can be terrorists too,stop trying to blame brown people alone. This guy knew what he was doing and he wasn't mentally ill. I worry now with the rise of the alt-right,AKA white supremacist extremists,What the future actually holds. Sad times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    This might be difficult to comprehend (I understand many things are) but if you're killing a **** load of people for no reason you're already mentally unsound. It then becomes a question of what your pretext was.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Anyone who kills a load of people is not right in the head and clearly mentally ill.

It does not stop it being a terrorist attack.

The social justice warriors of the right are determined to make out that an attack on a mosque by a white nationalist somehow wasn't a terrorist attack because he was 'mentally ill'.

Give me a break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Anyone who kills a load of people is not right in the head and clearly mentally ill.

The social justice warriors of the right are determined to make out that an attack on a mosque by a white nationalist somehow wasn't a terrorist attack because he was 'mentally ill'.

Give me a break.
    Onde jape underscore_ hot chai,anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so what I gather so far from this thread is that there are two sorts of terrorism (well actually only one sort of terror which is muzlamicsz terror, the other is just browns, muzlamicz or blacks getting shot by a poor white dude)
    -terror type 1 the cutesy wootsy namby pamby oopsy woopsy people died but it is ok since it not our people. That can have some sort of justification in minds: it is Merkel's fault, refugees fault, they deserve it, duur quranicsz, blame anyone who shows sympathy or support to refugees and people who suffer around the world...etc That needs little to no condemnation or sympathy.
    -terror type 2 the terrible abhor able, disgusting cowardly acts that we all need to condemn, have sympathy for victims and family, hold candle-lit vigils, colour our profile pictures with the flags of affected countries. Demand condemnation from every brown person and anyone affiliated to islam and if we are not presented with grovelling condemnations by every beardy person on our way to Tescos then they are suspect of being terrorists themselves. Also blame the above groups that were blamed for type1: Merkel, refugees..etc

ReputationRep:
    Religion is what unites such white supremacist organisations,they hide behind a 'Christian identity'. Not in my name or my religion,we Christians do not stand for that BS. A few unhinged racists? Hahahah! Tell it how it is,i think you mean to say Terrorists,white people can be terrorists too,stop trying to blame brown people alone. This guy knew what he was doing and he wasn't mentally ill. I worry now with the rise of the alt-right,AKA white supremacist extremists,What the future actually holds. Sad times

Give me a break.
    Orwellian leftists hung up on words a usual. Maybe this will help:

This was a terrorist attack

It's too soon to be saying that really but if it's the only way you're going to pull your heads out of yourselves then I'll let you have it. He's a terrorist. Fine.

QB: White supremacists tend to be lapsed Christian with an interest in paganism. But not many lapsed Christians with interests in Paganism go shooting people up. There's no holy text encouraging them to do that. That's why Islamic terrorism is the bigger problem overall, even though this incident is undeniably horrific and I wish Canada had the death penalty so they could pump this kid's veins full of anthrax.

ReputationRep:

Give me a break.
    Well it is terror type 1 so it is ok.
    This is the new definition we have.
    Get with the program

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Orwellian leftists hung up on words a usual. Maybe this will help:

This was a terrorist attack

It's too soon to be saying that really but if it's the only way you're going to pull your heads out of yourselves then I'll let you have it. He's a terrorist. Fine.

QB: White supremacists tend to be lapsed Christian with an interest in paganism. But not many lapsed Christians with interests in Paganism go shooting people up. There's no holy text encouraging them to do that. That's why Islamic terrorism is the bigger problem overall, even though this incident is undeniably horrific and I wish Canada had the death penalty so they could pump this kid's veins full of anthrax.
    Hahaha you can get say yet but if it was a brown person who happened to be middle eastern,You wouldn't wait for the facts to come out,in fact this whole thread would be exploding with islamophobic and orientalist rhetoric.

I still don't know why you're trying to so badly convince me that Muslims are much worse than white supremacists at terrorism,this isn't a competition. Stop trying to find any excuse possible,habibi. A terrorist attack is just that.a terrorist attack.

ReputationRep:
    I guess such a shooter would be a white guy eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    It is a surprise. When someone shoots up a mosque, it is overwhelmingly likely that the perpetrator is a Muslim of another faction. I struggle to think of a single other similar incident of a white person doing this, whilst intersectional mosque shootings occur very frequently.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baruch_Goldstein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    I guess such a shooter would be a white guy eventually.
    Speak up against it then seeing as youre always bad mouthing brown people/middle easterners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Ah, so what I gather so far from this thread is that there are two sorts of terrorism (well actually only one sort of terror which is muzlamicsz terror, the other is just browns, muzlamicz or blacks getting shot by a poor white dude)
    -terror type 1 the cutesy wootsy namby pamby oopsy woopsy people died but it is ok since it not our people. That can have some sort of justification in minds: it is Merkel's fault, refugees fault, they deserve it, duur quranicsz, blame anyone who shows sympathy or support to refugees and people who suffer around the world...etc That needs little to no condemnation or sympathy.
    -terror type 2 the terrible abhor able, disgusting cowardly acts that we all need to condemn, have sympathy for victims and family, hold candle-lit vigils, colour our profile pictures with the flags of affected countries. Demand condemnation from every brown person and anyone affiliated to islam and if we are not presented by grovelling condemnations by every beardy person on our way to Tescos then they are suspect of being terrorists themselves. Also blame the above groups that were blamed for type1: Merkel, refugees..etc
    The white supremacists apologists/closet white supremacists are trying their hardest to excuse this but I feel if it was a brown person with middle eastern origin,we would be on page 100 of this thread but because it's a white European it's okay? Who care right? ****ing double standards

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha you can get say yet but if it was a brown person who happened to be middle eastern,You wouldn't wait for the facts to come out,in fact this whole thread would be exploding with islamophobic and orientalist rhetoric.

I still don't know why you're trying to so badly convince me that Muslims are much worse than white supremacists at terrorism,this isn't a competition. Stop trying to find any excuse possible,habibi. A terrorist attack is just that.a terrorist attack.
    The facts tend to come out pretty quickly in those cases because the police have been aware of the suspect for some time. Also, Orientalist is not a word the way you're using it. And the Middle East is not the Orient.

Anyway it's a question of scale. This whole "well of course it's white guys" routine makes no sense because it's pretty uncommon for it to be white Christian dudebros compared to the prevalence of Muslims doing exactly what their book tells them to every day worldwide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Houthi3)
    all white people must openly condemn this terrorist otherwise you'd be complicit...
    "Complicit" is the wrong word, but yes, anyone who refuses to unequivocally condemn this attack is guilty of tacit approval after the fact. It works the same for everyone, after every deliberate attack on civilians. No exceptions. A point that your some of the ummah on ISOC could do well to learn.

ReputationRep:
    The white supremacists apologists/closet white supremacists are trying their hardest to excuse this but I feel if it was a brown person with middle eastern origin,we would be on page 100 of this thread but because it's a white European it's okay? Who care right? ****ing double standards
    It is very sad and very worrying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.