Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Surprise surprise, identity of Quebec shooter revealed! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    So its a no then, you cant produce example of white right-wing nationalist shootings.

The links above are about shootings, none with specific ties to the right wing nationalists you claim do most of them.

Lets face it, you spout the standard left wing BS and come unstuck when asked to substantiate your claims.

Laughable.
    They're right-wing btw, idk why you can't pick that up lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    and I've shown evidence that the majority of shooters in America are White. Are you mad?
    Again, you were asked to produce evidence linking white right wing nationalists to shootings,after stating:

So why aren't we/Trump focused on White right-wing nationalists? Seeing as they commit the most shootings?

No one has disputed the fact that the majority of shootings in America are carried out by whites.

Now, can you provide evidence to back up your claim that White right-wing nationalists commit the most shootings or not?

To be honest I am happy to watch you make a prat of yourself all night.

ReputationRep:
    Again, you were asked to produce evidence linking white right wing nationalists to shootings,after stating:

So why aren't we/Trump focused on White right-wing nationalists? Seeing as they commit the most shootings?

No one has disputed the fact that the majority of shootings in America are carried out by whites.

Now, can you provide evidence to back up your claim that White right-wing nationalists commit the most shootings or not?

To be honest I am happy to watch you make a prat of yourself all night.
    White, right-wing shooters* there you happy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    I'm still waiting for you to condemn the attack, as many right-wingers like to ask Muslims to do so after an Islamic terrorist attack.

Ignorance is bliss
    Waiting for me to condemn the attack .......

So , when i referred to the killer as an evil c u n t in post number 24 you didn't recognise it as condemnation.

Well, if ignorance is bliss you're the happiest guy i know.

Please don't bother me again.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for me to condemn the attack .......

So , when i referred to the killer as an evil c u n t in post number 24 you didn't recognise it as condemnation.

Well, if ignorance is bliss you're the happiest guy i know.

Please don't bother me again.
    Cool story man, now tell your right-wing friends to do the same! Atleast you did one good thing today

ReputationRep:
    Lol. The alt-righters on TSR be like

"Well it's usually the Muslims so I guess we can let this one slide."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    Ahh OK. I'm just very worried for Iranians...
    I'm sure they appreciate your concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    How you define "white people"?
    People who are white.

EDIT: Not too sure though, could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    What is wrong is to assume that all Muslims are of a certain ethnicity. Or that all white people are non-Muslims. Or to just refer to "white people" as if they are some homogeneous group.
    I agree that race should be kept out of this : racial characteristics do not determine our behaviour to any extent. Culture, nationality, religion do, to varying extents. Our racial perception is, in fact, simply part of our culture, rather than a genetic reality.

By the way, identifying "whites" with Europeans+US, Canada, Australia is beyond stupid: you could perhaps speak of "Western" countries (but this is a remnant of the East/West Cold War)

People should visit Iran, Turkey, Tajikistan, some Middle Eastern countries, Latin America, etc etc then tell us about "whites"

In reality, people come in many, many shades and colours, and most are difficult to slot into simple predetermined categories

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Farage, Le Pen and Trump were directly responsible for this.

UKIPpers and Trump supporters, shame on you all.

Your hatred and vitriol is causing a slow descent into civil war.

This was a far-right French Canadian, and the far-right in Quebec is deeply linked with the far-right in France. The far-right leader in France is a top candidate for the presidency.

We need an alt-left to organise the dissent against these fascists who are usurping the West. A peoples' uprising against the white supremacists who seek to massacre and deport blacks and muslims. To defend the weak, and those who do not conform to the fascists' antiquated views on gender, sexuality, and everything else.

In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE To Accept a Fascist West!

Millions of people around the world are filled with deep anxiety, fear, and disgust. Our anguish is right and just. Our anger must now become massive resistance – before the fascists across Europe gain power.

Should we fail to rise with determination and daring in our millions now to stop this, the consequences for humanity will be disastrous. We, the peoples' defenders, know in the depths of our beings, the catastrophe that will befall the people of the world should the fascist regimes assume full power.

Our resistance must spread rapidly to every sphere and every corner of the country. Because we refuse to accept a fascist Europe, millions must rise up in a resistance with a deep determination such that we create a political crisis that prevents the fascist regimes from gaining the governance of society.

Fascism foments and relies on xenophobic nationalism, racism, misogyny, and the aggressive re-institution of oppressive “traditional values.” Fascism feeds on and encourages the threat and use of violence to build a movement and come to power. Fascism, once in power, essentially eliminates traditional democratic rights. Fascism attacks, jails, even executes its opponents, and launches violent mob attacks on “minorities.” In Nazi Germany in the 1930s and ’40s, fascism did all these things. This is where this can go. And yes, Hitler himself could “talk graciously” when he felt it would serve his interests and lull his opponents.

If you work with fascists you normalize the road to horror. You cannot try to “wait things out.” Those who lived through Nazi Germany and sat on the sidelines, looking on as Hitler demonized, criminalized, and eventually rounded up one group after another, became shameful collaborators with monstrous crimes. Don’t Conciliate… Don’t Accommodate… Don’t Collaborate!

This is not wishful thinking but could be made a reality if all who hate what is represented by these fascists translate our outrage into massive mobilization to create the political conditions which make this possible. We are millions.

We call on each and every one who opposes what these fascists stand for, and what it will do, to take part in and actively build, this resistance and refusal. Organize. Plan. Act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    How do you know what his religious beliefs are?
    Did you read the article? He liked the " Christian site Reasonable Faith".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyJesus)
    Did you read the article? He liked the " Christian site Reasonable Faith".
    Your "likes" on Facebook do not determine your religion beliefs. .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Your "likes" on Facebook do not determine your religion beliefs. .
    He's not muslim. He's christian. Accept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Why is terrorism necessarily distinct from hatred? I daresay that most, if not all terrorism is precisely because the perpetrator hates the individuals or organisations it is attacking.
    :curious:
    Are you aware that the distinguishing feature of terrorism is that it is directed towards a political goal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurlyBen)
    :curious:
    Are you aware that the distinguishing feature of terrorism is that it is directed towards a political goal?
    Which need not be divorced from hate. For instance, ISIS terrorists want to establish a global caliphate because they hate non-Muslims' values and ways of life. In their magazine they even say this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Which need not be divorced from hate. For instance, ISIS terrorists want to establish a global caliphate because they hate non-Muslims' values and ways of life. In their magazine they even say this.
    No, but my point was that an act of hatred with no political aim isn't terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Houthi3)
    all white people must openly condemn this terrorist otherwise you'd be complicit...
    i would say all white people ( that arnt the same as this guy) condemn in entirety the ideology this guy follows .

do muslims condemn in entirety islamist ideology do you think?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Farage, Le Pen and Trump were directly responsible for this.

UKIPpers and Trump supporters, shame on you all.

Your hatred and vitriol is causing a slow descent into civil war.

This was a far-right French Canadian, and the far-right in Quebec is deeply linked with the far-right in France. The far-right leader in France is a top candidate for the presidency.

We need an alt-left to organise the dissent against these fascists who are usurping the West. A peoples' uprising against the white supremacists who seek to massacre and deport blacks and muslims. To defend the weak, and those who do not conform to the fascists' antiquated views on gender, sexuality, and everything else.

In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE To Accept a Fascist West!

Millions of people around the world are filled with deep anxiety, fear, and disgust. Our anguish is right and just. Our anger must now become massive resistance – before the fascists across Europe gain power.

Should we fail to rise with determination and daring in our millions now to stop this, the consequences for humanity will be disastrous. We, the peoples' defenders, know in the depths of our beings, the catastrophe that will befall the people of the world should the fascist regimes assume full power.

Our resistance must spread rapidly to every sphere and every corner of the country. Because we refuse to accept a fascist Europe, millions must rise up in a resistance with a deep determination such that we create a political crisis that prevents the fascist regimes from gaining the governance of society.

Fascism foments and relies on xenophobic nationalism, racism, misogyny, and the aggressive re-institution of oppressive “traditional values.” Fascism feeds on and encourages the threat and use of violence to build a movement and come to power. Fascism, once in power, essentially eliminates traditional democratic rights. Fascism attacks, jails, even executes its opponents, and launches violent mob attacks on “minorities.” In Nazi Germany in the 1930s and ’40s, fascism did all these things. This is where this can go. And yes, Hitler himself could “talk graciously” when he felt it would serve his interests and lull his opponents.

If you work with fascists you normalize the road to horror. You cannot try to “wait things out.” Those who lived through Nazi Germany and sat on the sidelines, looking on as Hitler demonized, criminalized, and eventually rounded up one group after another, became shameful collaborators with monstrous crimes. Don’t Conciliate… Don’t Accommodate… Don’t Collaborate!

This is not wishful thinking but could be made a reality if all who hate what is represented by these fascists translate our outrage into massive mobilization to create the political conditions which make this possible. We are millions.

We call on each and every one who opposes what these fascists stand for, and what it will do, to take part in and actively build, this resistance and refusal. Organize. Plan. Act.
    The irony is that you lot are still blind to the fact that Farage, Le Penn, Trump etc are the creation of the liberal "let everybody in" crowd. You created your enemy by providing the very thing that fuels them and then helped them go from people who are listened to to people with influence by shouting "fascist" whenever you disagree with them and accusing all their supporters of being a whole host of phobias, and perfectly demonstrating your contempt for their views.

You introduced something for the people to rally around against you, and then you pushed them away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So what happened to the second shooter? The one who yelled "Allahu Ackbar" ?

ReputationRep:
    Im sure this has been mentioned on here before, but

Name:  AmericansKilledbyArmedToddlers-web.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  120.8 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.