Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I drink stella all the time and it doesn't make me aggressive - no alchol makes me aggressive - just sleepy.
    We know you actually typed that by throwing bricks at children with letters on their heads, didn't you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Drinking the blood of a drowned puppy is better than Carling, so thats not saying much, never heard of this Banks stuff, sounds like something likely to upset me tho
    Definitely! Ever since that moment, when someone offers me one - I've thought twice before saying "I'll have what you're having".

Attached is the best beer ever though. Unless you happen to have access to some Fohrenburger 20% strength stuff.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Attached is the best beer ever though. Unless you happen to have access to some Fohrenburger 20% strength stuff.
    I do enjoy a Corona on a nice summers afternoon but for me theres only one true beer (realise its not actually lager)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I do enjoy a Corona on a nice summers afternoon but for me theres only one true beer (realise its not actually lager)
    I need to go somewhere which has a decent tap setup for Guiness - the couple I've had tasted horrible and flat! But then the rest of the draught stuff did too...

ReputationRep:
    I need to go somewhere which has a decent tap setup for Guiness - the couple I've had tasted horrible and flat! But then the rest of the draught stuff did too...
    It'll change your life forever I promise....*drools on keyboard*

ReputationRep:
    I drank Tennants in Edinburgh and it made me quite ill the next day, never ever again!

I like Fosters/Carling because I know I can drink as much as I want of it (which is never that much 6-7 pints max) and be fine the next day.

I like Corona as well that stuff seems to agree with me, I had 10 bottles on the day of the Move festival (at the pub and then at home with my mate afterwords) I was expecting to have a major hangover the next day but I was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I like Corona as well that stuff seems to agree with me, I had 10 bottles on the day of the Move festival (at the pub and then at home with my mate afterwords) I was expecting to have a major hangover the next day but I was fine.
    I could drink those things all day! They're quite tasty I reckon - although a few unenlightened individuals I know call it 'The Mexican Pisswater'.

But then they are Carling fans, which speaks for itself.

ReputationRep:
    I could drink those things all day! They're quite tasty I reckon - although a few unenlightened individuals I know call it 'The Mexican Pisswater'.

But then they are Carling fans, which speaks for itself.
    The best ones were Reef, I used to drink them like soft drinks, so I would get very very stupidly drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Special brew is without doubt the most rank-tasting substance on the face of the earth. Needless to say, I used to drink it (at the age of 16). I've never seen it make anyone aggressive though (myself or others) because you're usually on your arse before you've got a chance to get aggressive.

Snakebite (Stella/Kronie/Grolsch + Blackthorn) makes me go a bit weird, not so much aggressive as just plain bonkers.
    YEp snakesbites always good - ive always had it half pint of lager half pint of cider and blackcurrent - tends to make the world spin and karaoke look tempting

ReputationRep:
    YEp snakesbites always good - ive always had it half pint of lager half pint of cider and blackcurrent - tends to make the world spin and karaoke look tempting
    lol, so true. I always try and start up a conga when on black snakebite.
    Does anyone else thing Hoegarden taste like pond water.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a stella man myself although i'll drink most things (except for carling which is piss-water). The drink we always used to do when we were younger was "liquid death". You get one of those large bottles of strongbow, get someone to dring a third of it. Top it up with vodka then you have an hour to finish the bottle. The other drink that is painful "Roy's amazing F**k-you drink" - 1/4 pint of absinthe 70% (expensive but gets you smashed) lit and put out with liquid death. The downed (this is all in a pint glass). It has knocked one of my friends out for 10 hours in the past. Unfortunately i'm not that lightweight and it takes a good 8-10 pints to get me pissed properly.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Snakebite (Stella/Kronie/Grolsch + Blackthorn) makes me go a bit weird, not so much aggressive as just plain bonkers.
    The best one is a Snakebite made with Stella and Scrumpy Jack. Pour in a double vodka and a dash of lime

The taste is not that unlike Sprite. You have to drink it quickly though as the Scrumpy settles out into a slimy layer at the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    The taste is not that unlike Sprite.
    Haha, I have to try this!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I have to try this!
    Disclaimer.

I hereby take no responisibility for any death, injury or blindness that may occur while attempting this drink.

Please note also I was quite drunk when I made the claim regarding the Sprite flavour

ReputationRep:
    need specific links between beers and aggression and beers that taste very similiar to stella

ReputationRep:
    given that I was with Dave when we drank (downed) those super turbo wife beaters with lime, I can honestly say I too thought they tasted like sprite, however they did make my eyes water and the 16 bar bar-crawl seem impossible... (Dave made it, but I dropped a bar when I lost all my money and had to go back a bar)

as for the stella / other lager malarky arguments, Stella is ~5.1% and if cold alright, Heineken 5% however is very nice, and I would recommend it, although possibly not with tia maria and milk, like when I first tried it... (really)

and to answer the original post, the only drink that makes me violent, so far, is snake bite (usually made of just Carling and Woodpecker), lots of it, although Exhibition (~4.7%) has had me in some states.

<rant> also one point to note: scotch in the North East is not what you think it is, if you are from dahn saurf, it is a beery drink which comes in pints.</rant>

also, as I haven't introduced myself previously, I will tell you all I am a recent graduate, who will almost certainly be in Kingsgate every day next term...

ReputationRep:
    I must agree that Carling and Grolsch taste like cat piss, Fosters is drinkable, but doesn't compare to Carlsberg (or Export if I wanna get drunk). I LOVE THE CARLSBERG !!! Corona is also ace and on holiday I drank alot of bottled Heineken, which was very nice.

and Pig, in Wrexham we call it Cheeky Vimto, and we just add port to WKD Blu, but I'll try it with vodka too. Sounds like fun.

ReputationRep:
    screw u all ...

stick to the best drink in the world .... coca cola ......

*gets ready to be flamed* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    screw u all ...

stick to the best drink in the world .... coca cola ......

*gets ready to be flamed* :rolleyes:
    i would agree with you only because it just does taste good, but youre gonna get some nutcase whos gonna go on about corporate success/american influences/pepsi/some other irrelevant argument

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Cossack about Carling and Fosters, but I would also lump Stella into the mix as well. I was once unenlightened about such things and though lager was the drink for me. Then I discovered bitter, and it was good. But now I have transcended and found my true calling, I am a real ale drinker .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.