Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My quest to a top University. FROM 0 TO HERO. A*A*A*. Watch

ReputationRep:
    HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AND WELCOME TO MY QUEST TO A TOP UNIVERSITY.

Some background information on me: I came to this country less than 2 years ago and 2 years ago I didn't speak much English but I knew I wanted to go to a good University, I wasn't very keen on studying or doing anything but the bare minimum and some family problems, mental issues and just going to a bad school made me pretty much fail (in the eyes of any good student) my GCSE's. I took a 1 year course for gcses at a local college and managed to secure myself for GCSES: 4A's and 1C(A's being in Triple Sciences and C in English). I could blame the fact that my teachers spoke worse english than me at times or the fact that we didn't have an English teacher for half of the year. BUT I WON'T, I'LL PERSEVERE AND MAKE IT INTO THE BEST UNIVERSITY POSSIBLE.

Since then I moved to a slightly less bad College and managed to study some subjects I enjoyed altough the fact that I started late and didn't have outstanding grades stopped me from doing 4 A-levels which I wanted to do.

My subjects: I'm currently doing AS Maths(Edexcel), Further Maths(Edexcel) and Physics(AQA).

My current results in mocks:
    C1: 100%, 95%, 88%
    FP1: 95%
    D1: 100%
    Physics: 100%, 70%

The mocks which decide your predicted grades are coming in the next weeks with C1 being the first next week .

My goals: Making it into Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL or St Andrews to study Mathematics

Let's motivate each other and do our very best to secure a place at our dream University! Woohooo!!

Also I am aware that I might be dreaming and that my GCSEs are terrible but keep in mind that not everyone has the privileges and the luck of a good education like most people on TSR, let's keep the flame to a minimum. I hope you can follow me on this journey!

Any feedback is welcomed!

ReputationRep:
    Plans for the following weeks:
    -Finish FP1 completely and practice questions on Series and Proof by Induction
    -Start S1
    -Revise M1 and do questions on dynamics and statics.
    -Finish my Physics notes and revise Nuclear physics and Radiation.
    -Revise C1(long time I haven't done that)
    -Revise Circle Theory and Long Division on C2.
    -Finish Linear programming and make notes on D1 on Algorithms.
    -Do all the questions on the book for Physics as well as make flashcards!

ReputationRep:
    I look forward to hearing from this! I wish I could have your positive attitude all the time Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImBadAtLife)
    Plans for the following weeks:
    -Finish FP1 completely and practice questions on Series and Proof by Induction
    -Start S1
    -Revise M1 and do questions on dynamics and statics.
    -Finish my Physics notes and revise Nuclear physics and Radiation.
    -Revise C1(long time I haven't done that)
    -Revise Circle Theory and Long Division on C2.
    -Finish Linear programming and make notes on D1 on Algorithms.
    -Do all the questions on the book for Physics as well as make flashcards!
    Jheezzz I'm aiming to achieve 4As and a distinction in AS and 2A*s and A to do medicine at Imperial😁 hope everything goes well.Stay motivated to get achieve dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaffeka)
    Jheezzz I'm aiming to achieve 4As and a distinction in AS and 2A*s and A to do medicine at Imperial😁 hope everything goes well.Stay motivated to get achieve dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu.dying)
    I look forward to hearing from this! I wish I could have your positive attitude all the time Good luck!
    Thanks you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImBadAtLife)
    HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AND WELCOME TO MY QUEST TO A TOP UNIVERSITY.

Some background information on me: I came to this country less than 2 years ago and 2 years ago I didn't speak much English but I knew I wanted to go to a good University, I wasn't very keen on studying or doing anything but the bare minimum and some family problems, mental issues and just going to a bad school made me pretty much fail (in the eyes of any good student) my GCSE's. I took a 1 year course for gcses at a local college and managed to secure myself for GCSES: 4A's and 1C(A's being in Triple Sciences and C in English). I could blame the fact that my teachers spoke worse english than me at times or the fact that we didn't have an English teacher for half of the year. BUT I WON'T, I'LL PERSEVERE AND MAKE IT INTO THE BEST UNIVERSITY POSSIBLE.

Since then I moved to a slightly less bad College and managed to study some subjects I enjoyed altough the fact that I started late and didn't have outstanding grades stopped me from doing 4 A-levels which I wanted to do.

My subjects: I'm currently doing AS Maths(Edexcel), Further Maths(Edexcel) and Physics(AQA).

My current results in mocks:
    C1: 100%, 95%, 88%
    FP1: 95%
    D1: 100%
    Physics: 100%, 70%

The mocks which decide your predicted grades are coming in the next weeks with C1 being the first next week .

My goals: Making it into Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL or St Andrews to study Mathematics

Let's motivate each other and do our very best to secure a place at our dream University! Woohooo!!

Also I am aware that I might be dreaming and that my GCSEs are terrible but keep in mind that not everyone has the privileges and the luck of a good education like most people on TSR, let's keep the flame to a minimum. I hope you can follow me on this journey!

Any feedback is welcomed!
    All the best pal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.