Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it acceptable? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Someone hurts you emotionally and physically, limits your freedom and invades your privacy, but you know that they don't actually mean it. They do love you and care for you for the majority of the time. You are fully dependent on them, and they do have your best interests at heart. And, no matter what happens, you love them too.

What's your opinion on such a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Someone hurts you emotionally and physically, limits your freedom and invades your privacy, but you know that they don't actually mean it. They do love you and care for you for the majority of the time. You are fully dependent on them, and they do have your best interests at heart. And, no matter what happens, you love them too.

It's poisonous and abusive. Get out. There is never an excuse to physically harm someone in a relationship. Ever. Emotional abusive is just as bad. This person is domestically abusing you and it'll just get worse. Please leave them. I've seen what domestic abuse does to the victim. Never again.

ReputationRep:
    It's unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    I think you know the answer.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Someone hurts you emotionally and physically, limits your freedom and invades your privacy
    This sentence sums it up, it is toxic and anything else you have mentioned is irrelevant. Someone who is controlling and abusive is not worth keeping.

Escape now while you can.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    As above really - it's abusive.

They can't have your best interests at heart if they're abusing you.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, definitely abusive, please realise what you deserve and get out!

I am also stuck in an abusive relationship, where my partner has manipulated me, humiliated me, and exploited me financially and sexually, because I am completely dependent on him. Its a dark place to be.

I hope things get better for you.

I am also stuck in an abusive relationship, where my partner has manipulated me, humiliated me, and exploited me financially and sexually, because I am completely dependent on him. Its a dark place to be.

I hope things get better for you.

ReputationRep:

They don't love or care for you. As soon as you realise that, the better it would be for you.

Yeah but mine's different. My parents do the same.

ReputationRep:
    You're talking about your mum, aren't you?

(Original post by emerald7770)
    You're talking about your mum, aren't you?
    Well, i am.

ReputationRep:
    That's not a healthy relationship Don't tell yourself they love you if they hurt you, that's not the way a partner should make you feel

ReputationRep:
    A person who loves you would not hurt you emotionally or physically and would not invade your privacy or limit your freedom.

Sound like my relationship with my parents
    • Political Ambassador

If you're talking about your parents, there are things you can do to change the situation, explain how they make you feel, show them how hurt you are and go to family counseling. I've never understood how limiting your child's freedom is beneficial, but my mom invaded my privacy several times and even took my phone while I was sleeping to read messages, it got better now because I had a crisis and then didn't talk to her for weeks. But desperate times seek desperate measures.

If you're talking about friends/bf again explain how you're suffering because of them if they can't already see the consequences of their actions, distance yourself until they realize what it's like to lose you and if they don't change, it's not worth getting yourself continuously hurt and mentally damaged from such unnecessary, unhealthy relationships.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you're talking about your boyfriend then dump him

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with most posters on here get out whilst you can it's not worth being in a toxic relationship.

ReputationRep:
    sigh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.