Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official 2017 GCSE Exam Predictions Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKA2234)
    im from east london, how bout u?

My english teacher told the class that he has a feeling it might be emigree, but who knows, this exams are gonna be hard
    why'd you think its gonna be emigres? and what could you compare that to? the emigres is a hard poem to compare, because its got a load of different themes that are within other poems too!! help anyone? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zkhan54)
    why'd you think its gonna be emigres? and what could you compare that to? the emigres is a hard poem to compare, because its got a load of different themes that are within other poems too!! help anyone? xxx
    London or checking out my history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    London or checking out my history.
    thank youseeee. xxx

ReputationRep:
    tbh as long as u know the content and context of the 15 poems u should be fine

ReputationRep:
    im from east london, how bout u?

My english teacher told the class that he has a feeling it might be emigree, but who knows, this exams are gonna be hard
    North West London. This exam is going to be impossible, especially as english is definitely my weakest subject

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any advice/predictions/ideas for Love and Relationship Poetry Cluster?

Or Macbeth, DJ and MH, or An Inspector Calls?

(all AQA)

ReputationRep:
    i luv english, i hate language, but literature is my strongest, especially AIC and Macbeth, mostly coz we have a great teacher

ReputationRep:
    i luv english, i hate language, but literature is my strongest, especially AIC and Macbeth, mostly coz we have a great teacher
    want to teach me anything?? My teachers over the years have sucked (up until now)

ReputationRep:
    yh sure, always happy to help

What do u need help on?

ReputationRep:
    i get the teachers comments, for maths its been messed up, the whole of the second set in my year who are capable of doing higher are doing foundation. Apparently its been like that for some schools in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toojazzforyou)
    Hey anyone doing the Love and Relationships cluster?
    Yep!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i get the teachers comments, for maths its been messed up, the whole of the second set in my year who are capable of doing higher are doing foundation. Apparently its been like that for some schools in the UK
    what do u mean by the teacher's comments? Also, what level are you aiming for/ predicted in english lit?

ReputationRep:
    how ur teachers have sucked over the years, im predicted a 6, but im aiming for a 7

ReputationRep:
    but tbh, i think that u will do well, just remember the relevant quotes and context, and u will do well What do u need help on anyways?

ReputationRep:
    how ur teachers have sucked over the years, im predicted a 6, but im aiming for a 7
    let's just say, I haven't had the best education. I am aiming for a 7 in lit but will prob get lower

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm okay, im not gonna ask questions, but all i want to do is help u out :0 U sound like a person who wants to do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyChap)
    Anyone have any advice/predictions/ideas for Love and Relationship Poetry Cluster?

Or Macbeth, DJ and MH, or An Inspector Calls?

(all AQA)
    You're doing all the ones I'm doing! My teacher thinks that for poetry there isn't going to be a question on a parent to child relationship but that there could possibly be one on nature themes? What about you? Any predictions?

Best of luck with your exams! 😊

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm okay, im not gonna ask questions, but all i want to do is help u out :0 U sound like a person who wants to do well
    haha yeah I would like to do well

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmm tbh its hard to predict, its the hardest exam after maths

ReputationRep:
    tahts why im not gonna predict, in case i get it wrong, i actually cannot be asked to remember 15 poems and its pointless

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.