Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My only prediction is that all the exams from the old spec will have higher grade boundaries than ever before, Maths grade boundaries will fall but still stay pretty high for 8s and 9s, and English may stay about the same.

ReputationRep:
    Aside from Latin and Classical Greek (both OCR) I'm doing entirely iGCSE:

Maths (Edexcel)
    English Lang & Lit (CIE)
    Biology, Chemistry & Physics (CIE)
    French (CIE)
    History (CIE)

ReputationRep:
    hey guys for english lit,do you reckon that the same/similar question from the specimens will come up in the real exam

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Any predictions on the questions on sign of four or romeo and juliet for AQA english lit?
    Would be it easy, as it is the first year and no foundation paper this year?
    Please respond i am failing english and need a lot of help All predictions are useful.

ReputationRep:
    London could well be the poem they ask for. I've only done two specimens (apparently there are 4 but only teachers can access them) but the trend seems to be that they focus on smaller poems in both. That might just be because these poems are good when it comes to comparing themes of power of humans and power of nature.

My teacher has predicted that it is most likely to be Exposure and that make sense because exposure can be linked to lots of themes. If the specimens are all about power it is also likely that it will be a conflict poem so it should be charge of the light brigade, exposure or bayonet charge. I have a feeling it could also be war photographer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    hey guys for english lit,do you reckon that the same/similar question from the specimens will come up in the real exam
    They could. Because it's the first year we just don't know what they're going to do. But it's probably unlikely

ReputationRep:
    English is one the worst subjects for me and English Lit is one of out first exams before the half term break. The texts I am doing are Taste of Honey, Pride and Prejudice, Romeo and Juliet and Love and Relationships in the AQA Anthology cluster. Does anyone have any idea of the questions that could come up or which poem??

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm doing WJEC English Lit and Lang (9-1) and I'm worried about the whole poetry anthology situation. What do you reckon might come out , theme wise ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm WJEC English Lit and Lang! Do you have any ideas about the whole poetry anthology situation. It's really driving me nuts.

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for any of the following??
    - AQA biology
    - AQA chemistry
    - AQA physics
    - WJEC english literature / language
    - EDEXCEL maths higher
    - WJEC rs
    - CIE IGCSE geography ( tomorrow )
    - WJEC catering

Thankyou xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a4i12a1)
    Hi! I'm doing WJEC English Lit and Lang (9-1) and I'm worried about the whole poetry anthology situation. What do you reckon might come out , theme wise ?
    everybody I've spoken to seems to think it will be a war and conflict poem, however i thought it could be "living space" which would probably be asked as a comparison to London with the theme 'place' x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amberclarexx)
    everybody I've spoken to seems to think it will be a war and conflict poem, however i thought it could be "living space" which would probably be asked as a comparison to London with the theme 'place' x
    what do you mean the theme''place'' could you maybe elaborate more

ReputationRep:
    Im doing AQA gcse english, love and relationships, and i predict it would be Singh Song or mother any distance

ReputationRep:
    guys for b2 aqa Bio my teacher has said that most likely the diagram for labelling the digestive system will come up.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any idea of what poem might come up? or how to revise the poems in a short time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shumile)
    what do you mean the theme''place'' could you maybe elaborate more
    the theme "place" would signify a poem that represents a scene, such as how living space describes Mumbai-an slums and "London" describes London x

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    The exams I'm taking are
    Maths (OCR)
    Spainsh (Edexcel)
    Geography (AQA)
    Double science (AQA)
    English language and Literature (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am doing
    Maths - AQA
    Geography - WJEC (B)
    English - EDEXCEL
    Science - OCR (A)
    German - EDEXCEL
    RE - AQA
    Business Studies - EDEXCEL

Feel free to message me to share any predictions

** I've also created Science & English threads where we can share resources, predictions etc**

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking:
    Edexcel ICT
    OCR Computer Science
    AQA English
    AQA Additional Science(Unit 2)
    Edexcel Business Studies(Unit 1 and 3)
    Edexcel Mathematics Foundation

ReputationRep:
    AQA History (B) - My history teacher was telling us his predictions for this year, and last year all of his predictions were correct and his class did really well.
    (Obviously, these depend on the topics you have studied)

Unit 1

Causes of WW1
    Bosnian Crises
    Moroccan Crises (1 & 2)
    Kaiser Wilhelm's Foreign Policy
    The 10 Demands from Austria-Hungary to Serbia

Treaty of Versailles & The League of Nations
    Abyssinia - 8 marker
    The Big 3
    How Germany felt about the terms of the Treaty of Versailles

Origins of WW2
    Nazi-Soviet Pact
    Anschluss with Austria
    Munich Conference - Czechoslovakia (The Sudetenland & Neville Chamberlain's policy of appeasement)

Unit 2 (Apparently Unit 2 is easier to predict)

Weimar Germany
    Stresemann: Economic, Social, Foreign Relations - 6 marks
    Munich Putsch/Mein Kampf (Source - How Useful) - 13 marks

Nazi Germany
    The Holocaust/Aggression & Opposition: White Rose & the Bomb Plot - 8 marks
    1933-39: The Enabling Act/Night of the Long Knives/Terror & the SS/Reichstag Fire/Democracy -> Dictatorship/Propaganda - 15 marks

Race Relations/Civil Rights in America
    Brown vs Topeka & Little Rock Nine - 8 marks
    The 60s; Washington March (MLK)/Black Power - 15 marks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.