Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do your parents actually love each other? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My parents are divorced (due to my dad developing various mental illnesses), so now they can't really be around each other

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes they have arguments/disagreements but then they get over and make up. But yes they do love each other. There are even times when we go shopping and i notice them holding hands which i think is kinda cute

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    yes
    Of course they do!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/f7hG25Lx_cE/hqdefault.jpg

ReputationRep:
    where did I come from if both my parents are men?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Miracles happen you know.

ReputationRep:
    My dad loved my mum.

ReputationRep:
    Mhm..
    Were you adopted? Did you have a surrogate mother?

ReputationRep:
    My parents aren't even married, my mum works abroad and came back for Christmas before leaving again. I tried to get all of us eating at the dinner table together but most days it was just awkward silence and I had to make conversation to get them to talk to each other. It is obvious they don't love each other as much as they used to because they always moan about each other behind their backs to me, and I feel like the only reason they're keeping in contact is because there's me and my brother. It's hard because I'm surrounded by friends who have parents celebrating 20th anniversaries, with wedding pictures dotted around their homes and them sharing a surname with both their mum and dad, whereas I have to experience this awkward situation that's hard to talk about, especially as some people find it weird that I'm an illegitimate child.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so otherwise that is a dull existence just doing it for the kids!

Anyway we'll find out when we leave home
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by AshEntropy)
    No, they're divorced LOL
    Were your gifs anything to do with it?

ReputationRep:
    My parents are divorced but still basically love each other - just not in a romantic or "I want to see you every day of my life" way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Were your gifs anything to do with it?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    My parents are divorced but still basically love each other - just not in a romantic or "I want to see you every day of my life" way.
    Why did they divorce then?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nope, mine were only together for two months before they fell pregnant with me and then broke up completely a few months after I was born. They haven't spoke or seen each other since.

Moved to family, friends and work

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Never married, probably loved at some point, now pretty much distant as the nearest galaxy.

ReputationRep:
    They do, very deeply! I'll be a very lucky and happy person if I end up in a relationship half as strong as theirs.

ReputationRep:
    Divorcing, so nah

ReputationRep:
    The trend is quite interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Noup. My mom's cheating my dad and she doesn't even come back home. She usually come home at 7 am and pretends to be sleeping on the couch. When she "wakes up" she's cooking, cleaning and etc because she thinks that's enough to do. She's done her job for that day. And then she disappears and, again comes home after 24 hours.
    Beautiful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.