Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hitchens hitchslaps the alt-right from beyond the grave Watch

ReputationRep:
    Boom! Both barrels! Take that, Nazis.

Stop calling them alt-right, they are neo-nazis, whatever mask they hide behind.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      Stop calling them alt-right, they are neo-nazis, whatever mask they hide behind.
      Is the alt-right not effectively neo-Nazi in orientation?

ReputationRep:
      Ahh sorry, I mistook your point. I completely agree; these neo-Nazis should be called what they are

ReputationRep:
      Also.. dang, Hitch with those come hither eyes and the rakish hair :sexface:

(Original post by AlexanderHam)
        Is the alt-right not effectively neo-Nazi in orientation?
        They are

A few weeks ago, I posted a thread about two prominent alt-right speakers ranting about white genocide

The media needs to grow a spine and call them what they are: white supremacists. Conspiracy theorising, anti-semitic, white supremacists in denial. "We're not nazis! Just concerned citizens! We just hate non-whites is all!"

ReputationRep:
        Nice to see Hitch again! :love::sad:

Seizing on the Islamist terror campaigns has been a gift to the far right. They couldn't have done better from it and their attitude, focused on attacking Muslims-for-being-Muslims, as Trump is doing, also plays neatly into the hands of the Jihadis.

A cynic might wonder if there is some kind of deal going on between ISIL, Breitbart, Farage and Le Pen.

(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
          A cynic might wonder if there is some kind of deal going on between ISIL, Breitbart, Farage and Le Pen.
          Yes. ISIS want an caliphate in the middle east. They need fighters. The far-right will isolate and deport muslims. Lots of volunteers for ISIS. And then the far-right will point at ISIS and say "look! muslims are terrorists!" and this will only feed further into ISIS's hands.

Like in 1984, how the continents keep their populations in control through constant war with each other. They are all in it together, the leaders of the continents, but their populaces made to hate each other to keep them under control. The far-right approach of division and hatred.

ReputationRep:
          Yes. ISIS want an caliphate in the middle east. They need fighters. The far-right will isolate and deport muslims. Lots of volunteers for ISIS. And then the far-right will point at ISIS and say "look! muslims are terrorists!" and this will only feed further into ISIS's hands.

Like in 1984, how the continents keep their populations in control through constant war with each other. They are all in it together, the leaders of the continents, but their populaces made to hate each other to keep them under control. The far-right approach of division and hatred.
          Sounds just like Islam

(Original post by NativesofEurope)
            Sounds just like Islam
            Islam tells its followers to help the poor. Islam tells its followers to respect people regardless of race. Islam goes beyond the petty nation state. Does not sound like the far-right to me.

ReputationRep:
            Islam tells its followers to help the poor. Islam tells its followers to respect people regardless of race. Islam goes beyond the petty nation state. Does not sound like the far-right to me.
            You're correct. Islam simply demands uniformity of thought and seeks to dominate the globe to that end. It's different, though I'm not sure if it's better.

ReputationRep:
            Islam teaches its followers to kill apostates, kill LGBTs, stone adulterers, make nonbelievers pay a tax or convert, wear a hijab if they're women and marry children. Sounds very far right to me.

ReputationRep:
            I'm not going to bother watching all of that but from what I saw it was based around the false premise of "white supremacy".

Here's a better question - why should any European people tolerate being ethnically replaced in their own homelands? Why are countries such as Japan, S Korea, Israel and various other countries around the globe allowed to practice ethno-nationalism but European countries have to be "diverse" and eventually mix until their is none of them left?

I have NEVER recieved a satisfactory answer to this no matter how intelligent the person is.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by housat)
            Here's a better question - why should any European people tolerate being ethnically replaced in their own homelands? Why are countries such as Japan, S Korea, Israel and various other countries around the globe allowed to practice ethno-nationalism but European countries have to be "diverse" and eventually mix until their is none of them left?

I have NEVER recieved a satisfactory answer to this no matter how intelligent the person is.
            Israel is 20% Arab, whereas the UK is 87% White (in fact, the number of Whites in the UK grew by almost 2% from 2001 to 2011). This White "genocide" thing doesn't seem to be working, does it?

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Palmyra)
            Israel is 20% Arab, whereas the UK is 87% White (in fact, the number of Whites in the UK grew by almost 2% from 2001 to 2011). This White "genocide" thing doesn't seem to be working, does it?
            Doesn't matter, it's an ethnostate explicitely FOR the Jewish people. It's also an extremely segregated society and the government is openly panicking about being outbred by their Arab minority and thinking of measures to stop that happening.

Meanwhile the EU and USA pump millions into spreading pro-"diversity" propaganda to countries like Poland and Estonia to prepare them for the inevitable invasion they will be forced to undergo.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by housat)
            Doesn't matter, it's an ethnostate explicitely FOR the Jewish people. It's also an extremely segregated society and the government is openly panicking about being outbred by their Arab minority and thinking of measures to stop that happening.
            And it is increasingly being condemned and campaigned against (quite rightly) for reasons including those.

ReputationRep:
            Hitchens was such a G

ReputationRep:

I like the term Alt-Reich

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by anarchism101)
            And it is increasingly being condemned and campaigned against (quite rightly) for reasons including those.
            Not really. It's condemned for excessive violence and land grabbing, but few people condemn it for being an ethno-state, and those that do are operating off of the premise that Jews are a white Western people.

When is Japan criticised? South Korea? Both have ethnocenterism ingrained in law.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Zargabaath)
            I like the term Alt-Reich
            I can guarantee that the few people in that picture that aren't FBI operatives have never heard the term "alt-right".

Submit reply
          TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Useful resources
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.