Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosa_99)
    so my and my boyfriend have been dating a year now. he's the only one who's made me feel loved and happy and helps me with my depression. but for a month now, I'm feeling that I'm starting to fall out of love with him.
    he got a new job which means we can only see each other once a week. we hardly text or call when we aren't together, with being at college and work. when im with him its great but when we aren't then it doesn't feel like I'm even in a relationship.
    I do love him. I need him, he's the only one that knows and helps me with my depression and everything going on with me. I just don't love him as much as I used to.
    I just need someone's advice on what to do.
    That sentence there should alone be enough for you to convince to stick with him. If you still love and feel this way about him, you should at least talk to him and see if the situation can be made better.

Tell him how you are feeling currently, how you are falling out of love. It's better to talk to him and see if things can be better rather than not saying nothing at all and the relationship spiraling into nothingness.

ReputationRep:
    If this guy makes you feel great when you're with him then you should talk to him about how you'd like to talk more. For instance, skype, text, etc. If this was part of your usual routine then he should understand.

Do you miss the anticipation of seeing him next from texting etc? Do you find it easier to talk to people via text rather than face to face? I hardly text people but I know people who are addicted to texting each other constantly. You might be anxious about the change and how that might impact your relationship because this was something you enjoyed. This regular contact might have made you feel more secure in your relationship. A healthy relationships needs regular contact to show each other that you both care and I don't mean just by meeting up. Are you the first person to text or do you wait for them to text? You could try and find a time to talk to each other each night by arranging a time. Simple things like texting "good morning" or receiving a text like that can make a big difference. Breaking up a relationship is a way to avoid the problem rather than dealing with it.

ReputationRep:
    so my and my boyfriend have been dating a year now. he's the only one who's made me feel loved and happy and helps me with my depression. but for a month now, I'm feeling that I'm starting to fall out of love with him.
    he got a new job which means we can only see each other once a week. we hardly text or call when we aren't together, with being at college and work. when im with him its great but when we aren't then it doesn't feel like I'm even in a relationship.
    I do love him. I need him, he's the only one that knows and helps me with my depression and everything going on with me. I just don't love him as much as I used to.
    Talk to him, tell him how are you feeling, maybe he's feeling the same. Something's not working but i think is something you both can try to change, maybe the few time you have to see each other you should take advantage of it, do things that you both like, and maybe try to take a little more of time to see each other... You should understand that he's working, he's busy, but you both can make thing different, you just have to make him know the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him, tell him how are you feeling, maybe he's feeling the same. Something's not working but i think is something you both can try to change, maybe the few time you have to see each other you should take advantage of it, do things that you both like, and maybe try to take a little more of time to see each other... You should understand that he's working, he's busy, but you both can make thing different, you just have to let him know the situation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.