Turn on thread page Beta

TEFL/TESOL course and experiences (And anyone teaching in South Korea?) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am thinking to do a TESOL/TEFL course with Trinity and I would like to know anyone that has done it and his/her experience with the course. For those who have done it and have worked abroad, I also would like to hear your experiences. I really want to teach in South Korea. Also want to hear from you guys whether is worth getting a TESOL/TEFL course because they cost now around £800. Some people say you do not need it and is a waste of money. Others say is worth it as ir gives you more chances to be hired abroad. I personally think is better to do the course because a lot of places such as South Korea now require you to have a TEFL. Back in 2012 maybe was fine but we are in 2017 and a lot has changed. Let me know what you guys think.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.