Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just got 56% when I expected a 1st Watch

ReputationRep:
    For one of my courseworks I got 56% when I put everything into it and was sure I'd get a 1st. It was a Data Mining project and he came up with pathetic "marking" saying pointless things. I showed all the data correctly and he even said that, but because I avoided some of his silly conventions (one Class was named with underscores SHOCK HORROR, and the radio buttons weren't selected by default...a quick fix that adds barely anything to the program) he thinks it's worth docking me that many points.

How do I go about getting it remarked? Should I just email him telling him I think there's been a mistake? Or maybe I should just go and chat to him.

ReputationRep:
    I want a fight

Mad AF
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Come fam, me and you let's get to this wannabe gangster house and bang him out. 2v1 noscope him, then after we deck him in the head, we leg it. Sounds good fam? Where should get ready? Tesco or Asda? Also make sure you bring something to munch like Tesco Value stuff that's some goooooood **** right there. Yum yum Tesco!

ReputationRep:
    1 v 1 that mong.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, CALM DOWN. You won't achieve anything with such attitude.
    Leave it for tonight and have a look at the marking report again in the morning. Maybe you are the one being wrong now and just because you put a lot of work into this project doesn't mean you should get a 1st.
    If tomorrow you still feel you were mark unfairly, talk to the lecturer or your tutor about it and see what you can do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    First of all, CALM DOWN. You won't achieve anything with such attitude.
    Leave it for tonight and have a look at the marking report again in the morning. Maybe you are the one being wrong now and just because you put a lot of work into this project doesn't mean you should get a 1st.
    If tomorrow you still feel you were mark unfairly, talk to the lecturer or your tutor about it and see what you can do.
    Pffft get out of here with your logic and common sense! Come, me, Misletoe and Google22, 3v1. Let's deck that guy's face tommarow when he goes to buy Tesco double egg and cress sandwiches.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.