Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Am I being ungrateful or should I just appreciate what I have? I don't feel like I see my partner enough. For instance, they will schedule time in for their friends regularly every week but for me this is not the case. It feels like I have to ask to see my partner and I feel like they just care about themselves. It is affecting my self-esteem too, should I just leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous927)
    Am I being ungrateful or should I just appreciate what I have? I don't feel like I see my partner enough. For instance, they will schedule time in for their friends regularly every week but for me this is not the case. It feels like I have to ask to see my partner and I feel like they just care about themselves. It is affecting my self-esteem too, should I just leave?
    if you're not happy with the relationship, then leaving it might help you and them too.

You could try sit them down and talk to them? tell them how you feel and see what they have to say? Try and fix it, and if youre still not happy then moving on may be the best option :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You end a relationship if there is no way to fix it. If you keep trying, but they won't change, then give an ultimatum, and still no change, then you really have no choice...

Sit them down and have a talk. Maybe they don't realise.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    If it's not working out then you should formally end the relationship. It'll be better off in the long run, either fix or break before your anxiety gets so down that you won't be able to comprehend breaking up.

ReputationRep:
    Leave.

(Original post by donutellme)
    You end a relationship if there is no way to fix it. If you keep trying, but they won't change, then give an ultimatum, and still no change, then you really have no choice...

Sit them down and have a talk. Maybe they don't realise.
    No maynnn! If he ain't tapping those sugar walls theres no point!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your replies. The only issue I have is that I know this person has a lot of hobbies which come before me. If he has spare time he might ask to see me but I'm the lowest priority.

I did speak to him about this but he tried to say that I was pushing him away because the only day that he was free, I wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your replies. The only issue I have is that I know this person has a lot of hobbies which come before me. If he has spare time he might ask to see me but I'm the lowest priority.

I did speak to him about this but he tried to say that I was pushing him away because the only day that he was free, I wasn't.
    What hobbies does he do that makes him end up pushing you away completely?

hey, personally I don't think it makes you ungrateful. If you feel that a relationship is affecting you so much and your self-esteem, it's probably better to leave. However, you could try to have a chat with your partner as sometimes people are oblivious to their actions. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Acting, RPG games with friends, competitions, combat training, marshal arts
    • Very Important Poster

Leave leave leave.

He is your BFriend. You should be his best friend and he should make you his priority. That is the point of being in a relationship. Ig he isnt giving you enough attention or a reaosnable amount of time, then this simply is not good enough and shows you are not that important to him.

You should leave, but if you wish you can explain why but not in the above terms.

Any bf should be concerned for and prioritise time with you otherwise whats the point of being with them? Please leave asap.
    • Very Important Poster

Leave leave leave.

He is your BFriend. You should be his best friend and he should make you his priority. That is the point of being in a relationship. Ig he isnt giving you enough attention or a reaosnable amount of time, then this simply is not good enough and shows you are not that important to him.

You should leave, but if you wish you can explain why but not in the above terms.

Any bf should be concerned for and prioritise time with you otherwise whats the point of being with them? Please leave asap. Btw there is nothing you can fix. he has shown his natural priorities and will most likely resent change. You know him. Find someone better.

ReputationRep:
    Well at first talk to him and see if he changes. He may not know that it's bothering you or realise he's not making much of an effort with you.
    If things don't change once you've told him what's bothering you then leave. I mean if your with someone who doesn't make you fully happy why be with them? If he can make time for his friends then why not you? Maybe you need to remind him that you are his girlfriend and want some sort of effort from him?

ReputationRep:

Why are you referring to your boyfriend as 'this person' ? 😑 Anyway if you've spoken to him and about it and he still isn't making an effort then maybe it's time to leave. I know this wouldn't sit well with me.

Whenever my boyfriend and I have the same day off we don't even have to ask if we are going to meet up, no matter what it just happens. There are times our schedules clash like crazy but we still manage to see each other even if it's for a couple hours or I just end up staying at his for a night. We make it work. I feel like this is how relationships should be (unless of course you're long distance). We still see our friends/family and indulge in our hobbies from time to time. Talk to him - if nothing changes then you know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    I think I used those words because of how he makes me feel about him. I feel like he is just "this person" because he doesn't treat me like his girlfriend so I don't feel like his girlfriend. He says I am but guys can tell you anything to get what they want.

I think I was worried about appearing needy and dependent. I think you're right and the more I delay, the worse I will feel.
    • TSR Support Team

I think I used those words because of how he makes me feel about him. I feel like he is just "this person" because he doesn't treat me like his girlfriend so I don't feel like his girlfriend. He says I am but guys can tell you anything to get what they want.

I think I was worried about appearing needy and dependent. I think you're right and the more I delay, the worse I will feel.
    If you are not happy finish it, the fact you are posting about it says you are unhappy and want out, he is allowed to see his friends. You don't own his life, there shouldn't be rules on when you see each other. If he is not being very affectionate then also that is a sign that maybe it has run it's course.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.