Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Revision techniques for biology and chemistry Alevel Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have completed my notes and im not sure how to revise now,Its 4 months before the exam so i dont think its a good idea to start past papers (New spec so they are limited)
    Right now im just actively reading through my notes though im not sure if this is effective of not.
    Will this help me? What are some other revision techniques i can use?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    do topic by topic questions online to make sure you know each topic well, rewriting notes is always good, make flashcards. i hate that after notes pre- past paper period, which is why i timed my notes to end about mid-march and past papers till exam date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    do topic by topic questions online to make sure you know each topic well, rewriting notes is always good, make flashcards. i hate that after notes pre- past paper period, which is why i timed my notes to end about mid-march and past papers till exam date
    How do you suggest rewriting notes? Just copy my previous notes on rough paper?

ReputationRep:
    if there is anything you feel particularly weak at, highlight it and write it out a couple times whilst saying it out loud as you do, works wonders for me

ReputationRep:
    Do lots of questions.

ReputationRep:
    if there is anything you feel particularly weak at, highlight it and write it out a couple times whilst saying it out loud as you do, works wonders for me
    Cheers il give it a try

ReputationRep:
    despite being the new spec do past papers on the old one. It's very similar, main difference being the new spec asks harder questions. past paper questions all the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    despite being the new spec do past papers on the old one. It's very similar, main difference being the new spec asks harder questions. past paper questions all the way!
    its a little early for those as youll quickly run out of resources but they are an invaluable tool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    Yeah they are a bit too easy

ReputationRep:
    its a little early for those as youll quickly run out of resources but they are an invaluable tool
    *sigh*

Wish I was born a year earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    *sigh*

Wish I was born a year earlier.
    same, id wager that feeling will be increasingly prevalent as we approach exam season

ReputationRep:
    same, id wager that feeling will be increasingly prevalent as we approach exam season
    got As for no reason last year

well, not really but you get what i mean lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.