Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have uncloggged pores been getting few pimples Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed this past month that I have clogged pores and due to this I've just had a breakout, I'm someone who's never had skin problems before throughout high school I always had clear skin. While going through puberty I rarely got pimples so this is a big shock am 19 now, and start of 2017 I had a breakout of 3/4 pimples at once. I've noticed that my face is oily in certain areas around my forehead and cheeks when I wake up which is also new as the past few years my face tended to be dry. Since then I've been using clearasil cleanser twice a day and a neutrogena face mask once a week.

Ive been told that having clogged pores lead to pimples, so is this different to acne? can I prevent it leading to this?, if I already have acne it's most likely mild because from what I've read on acne.org mild acne is classed as having less than a 15 pimples on face. I don't have that many on my face in total since this has all started I've had about 10 including the ones have gone, which have left red marks on my face.

So what I want to know is does anyone else get pimples from clogged pores? does this nessasarily mean I have acne? (Nobody in my family has or had it)

Ps: sorry if everything I wrote is fragmented I'm having a panic attack and I'm currently on the bus after a terrible day lol.

(Original post by MGatsby)
      I've noticed this past month that I have unclogged pores and due to this I've just had a breakout, I'm someone who's never had skin problems before throughout high school I always had clear skin. While going through puberty I rarely got pimples so this is a big shock am 19 now, and start of 2017 I had a breakout of 3/4 pimples at once. I've noticed that my face is oily in certain areas around my forehead and cheeks when I wake up which is also new as the past few years my face tended to be dry. Since then I've been using clearasil cleanser twice a day and a neutrogena face mask once a week.

Ive been told that having unclogged pores lead to pimples, so is this different to acne? can I prevent it leading to this?, if I already have acne it's most likely mild because from what I've read on acne.org mild acne is classed as having less than a 15 pimples on face. I don't have that many on my face in total since this has all started I've had about 10 and some have gone, the ones that have gone have left red marks on my face.

So what I want to know is does anyone else get pimples from unclogged pores? does this also mean I have acne?

Ps: sorry if everything I wrote is fragmented I'm having a panic attack and I'm currently on the bus after a terrible day lol.
      You mean clogged pores, giving you spots. You don't get breakouts, you break out in spots.

Also, if you're getting spots, either try washing your face. In the case of acne. there's nothing you can really do except wait it out.

ReputationRep:
      I've noticed this past month that I have unclogged pores and due to this I've just had a breakout, I'm someone who's never had skin problems before throughout high school I always had clear skin. While going through puberty I rarely got pimples so this is a big shock am 19 now, and start of 2017 I had a breakout of 3/4 pimples at once. I've noticed that my face is oily in certain areas around my forehead and cheeks when I wake up which is also new as the past few years my face tended to be dry. Since then I've been using clearasil cleanser twice a day and a neutrogena face mask once a week.

Ive been told that having unclogged pores lead to pimples, so is this different to acne? can I prevent it leading to this?, if I already have acne it's most likely mild because from what I've read on acne.org mild acne is classed as having less than a 15 pimples on face. I don't have that many on my face in total since this has all started I've had about 10 including the ones have gone, which have left red marks on my face.

So what I want to know is does anyone else get pimples from unclogged pores? does this also mean I have acne?

You keep using that word: I do not think it means what you think it means.

ReputationRep:
      Sorry for the title I don't know how to edit it lol

I've noticed this past month that I have clogged pores and due to this I've just had a breakout, I'm someone who's never had skin problems before throughout high school I always had clear skin. While going through puberty I rarely got pimples so this is a big shock am 19 now, and start of 2017 I had a breakout of 3/4 pimples at once. I've noticed that my face is oily in certain areas around my forehead and cheeks when I wake up which is also new as the past few years my face tended to be dry. Since then I've been using clearasil cleanser twice a day and a neutrogena face mask once a week.

Ive been told that having clogged pores lead to pimples, so is this different to acne? can I prevent it leading to this?, if I already have acne it's most likely mild because from what I've read on acne.org mild acne is classed as having less than a 15 pimples on face. I don't have that many on my face in total since this has all started I've had about 10 including the ones have gone, which have left red marks on my face.

So what I want to know is does anyone else get pimples from clogged pores? does this nessasarily mean I have acne? (Nobody in my family has or had it)

ReputationRep:
      Cover your body in Epaderm 3/4 times daily. Pretty sure that'll work. The ointment should catch whatever particles would have clogged your pores.

Note: get the emollient not the moisturiser. In a big 1kg tub too.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.