Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Ohhhhh

Who's Al?

And you can always reinstate your DPhil later, surely?
    Al - made up a web-site for graduate applicants to med school - http://www.freewebs.com/graduatemedicine/

This is his 'promo account' I'm site watching while he's away! So far I've had two whole e-mails

Might throw in 'by the way I have a D.Phil' when after that Medical Oncolcogy rotation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateMedic)
    Might throw in 'by the way I have a D.Phil' when after that Medical Oncolcogy rotation
    Hehe, not a bad idea. Just don't mention it to the students in the first term or you'll become unofficial tutor to everyone! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, not a bad idea. Just don't mention it to the students in the first term or you'll become unofficial tutor to everyone! :eek:
    LOL! Through another website, we've already formulated a 'Barts Old Fart Mafia'! The tragic thing is that it's beginning to look more like a study group! We have a geneticist, a biophysicist, a pharmacologist - just looking for an anatomist.

Hopefuly we will also drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Other than Dr David Little I've absolutely no idea what letters I'll have after my name. But i'd be more than happy with the Dr in front *crossed fingers*
    You're in luck! According to a few comments made by a random person today (parkerboy) and an idiot last night - "The Accused" might well feature before your name soon from now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    You're in luck! According to a few comments made by a random person today and an idiot last night - "The Accused" might well feature before your name soon from now.
    Wot did the random person today say :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Wot did the random person today say :eek:
    Somebody named 'parkerboy' was just having digs at you and said that he'd seen you in real life too.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody named 'parkerboy' was just having digs at you and said that he'd seen you in real life too.
    Oh that foolio. I've no idea who he is :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    When you graduate would you use BSc or BA or any other letters you have after your name?

I think I would only ever use it in a professional situation. I certainly won't be sigining all my letters BSc

I will use them. I had to work for them so i may as well put them to good use. I am going for masters and Phd material. Only because I want to sign my food bills with Dr Liam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Oh that foolio. I've no idea who he is :confused:
    Trawling through the few posts he's made - I can see the one where he says he's seen you, but I think at least two of his posts have been deleted. In one post he said you were cliquey and in another he cursed blue about you.

ReputationRep:
    Trawling through the few posts he's made - I can see the one where he says he's seen you, but I think at least two of his posts have been deleted. In one post he said you were cliquey and in another he cursed blue about you.
    Now i am intrigued, I'm cliquey and then he cursed blue about me? He must think he knows me well. hmmmm.....confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Now i am intrigued, I'm cliquey and then he cursed blue about me? He must think he knows me well. hmmmm.....confused.
    At least I defame you when you're online and don't pretend to know you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    hunt him (/her) down and give em a good slap

ReputationRep:
    At least I defame you when you're online and don't pretend to know you!
    Indeed, thanks for your open defamation, Almost had a typo there with defactaion which would not have been good. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Indeed, thanks for your open defamation, Almost had a typo there with defactaion which would not have been good. :confused:
    Is this some kind of medical joke, or yet further proof that medics can't spell?

ReputationRep:
    Is this some kind of medical joke, or yet further proof that medics can't spell?
    Furthur proof that medics can't spell im afraid, nah...that was a genuine typo.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, probably

However, if all goes to plan and I get my FRCS, I won't be Dr Helenia any more! :eek: Damn, that's how I was planning to hide my lack of husband
    which branch of surgery?

i'm hoping for Dr. Timeofyourlife MB ChB(Hons) MSc(Hons) PhD FRCS OBE GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    which branch of surgery?

i'm hoping for Dr. Timeofyourlife MB ChB(Hons) MSc(Hons) PhD FRCS OBE GCSE
    I'm guessing that this isn't in recognition of your dossing in Years 10 & 11?

What does it mean though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateMedic)
    hunt him (/her) down and give em a good slap
    fluffy...i had the pleasure of visiting singleton hospital today. the balconies they have facing the sea are put to waste in the lovely weather! i'm sure a few suicides would be compensated for by a lovely relaxing sit on an unlocked balcony!

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing that this isn't in recognition of your dossing in Years 10 & 11?

What does it mean though?
    exactly that . all the students were writing their degrees on their "tesco" namebadges (after their name), so i stuck "GCSE" on the end of mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    fluffy...i had the pleasure of visiting singleton hospital today. the balconies they have facing the sea are put to waste in the lovely weather! i'm sure a few suicides would be compensated for by a lovely relaxing sit on an unlocked balcony!

The sea views from most of the wards and rooms are to die for too... (boom boom!)

They let the inmates onto the balconies at St Bartholomews - observed them today hanging over the railings, smoking for dear life!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.