Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    When you graduate would you use BSc or BA or any other letters you have after your name?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Nope
    What about signing it Shiny, BSc (Hons) Lightbulb.

ReputationRep:
    What about signing it Shiny, BSc (Hons) Lightbulb.
    Ooohhh, that might work!

ReputationRep:
    I sorted out my 'Fluffy' account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I sorted out my 'Fluffy' account
    Fluffy! She's Fluffy again!

ReputationRep:
    i would never use my letters, my name is long enough.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be an Alderman!

Alderman Dr Dr Fluffy the First. BSc(hons), D.Phil(Oxon), MBBS(Lond), MRCP (or FRCP!)

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with being proud of the degree you get and putting the letters after your name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I want to be an Alderman!

Alderman Dr Dr Fluffy the First. BSc(hons), D.Phil(Oxon), MBBS(Lond), MRCP (or FRCP!)
    Why stop there?

There are a good few extra things you could earn

MBE, OBE, CBE, (K/D)BE
    DL, even LL

I think George Cross (GC) is the highest bravery medal you can get without actually signing up.

Fellow of lots of things.

Continue your research and aim for a DSc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    Why stop there?

There are a good few extra things you could earn

MBE, OBE, CBE, (K/D)BE
    DL, even LL

I think George Cross (GC) is the highest bravery medal you can get without actually signing up.

Fellow of lots of things.

Continue your research and aim for a DSc!
    Sod that! I won't stop unitl I'm the Queen! Then I can give myself lots of titles without the effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Furthur proof that medics can't spell im afraid, nah...that was a genuine typo.
    I can spell! And I can write nicely. I'm doomed to fail.

(spoken with some bitterness after my first week as a medical sec )

Timeofyourlife - I don't know what area of surgery I want to do, but for now it certainly seems appealing, even if the MRCS/FRCS does put the fear of God into me just by its name! I think I might do a rotation teaching anatomy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Timeofyourlife - I don't know what area of surgery I want to do, but for now it certainly seems appealing, even if the MRCS/FRCS does put the fear of God into me just by its name! I think I might do a rotation teaching anatomy
    well i'm heading towards the neuro/cardiac surgery wards so i may see you on the way

i love anatomy, considering doing my BSc in it. either that or physiology/pharmacology, although i now know to stay well away from BSc Biochemistry *evil thundery sound*

ReputationRep:
    I can spell, and started off with nice writing. However, I'm afraid to say the latter no longer applies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    well i'm heading towards the neuro/cardiac surgery wards so i may see you on the way

i love anatomy, considering doing my BSc in it. either that or physiology/pharmacology, although i now know to stay well away from BSc Biochemistry *evil thundery sound*
    I'm contemplating doing my BA in anatomy as well, but depends on how next year goes, if I find anything else I like better. Plus Cambridge runs two anatomy options - one is vastly oversubscribed and the other one sounds kinda hard and scary.

ReputationRep:
    When you graduate would you use BSc or BA or any other letters you have after your name?

I think I would only ever use it in a professional situation. I certainly won't be sigining all my letters BSc
    Absolutely no way; having a degree is nothing special nowadays and is just the 'norm'. When I graduate from Med school I will be doctor, but for a normal BSc it is a bit of a joke! As for a BA I will not comment...

ReputationRep:
    Nah.. I wouldn't bother.

ReputationRep:
    I might use my letters. Mr. David Holder Bsc. Dont know if it suits though.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't, i think it looks pretentious. i always tease my dad when heb gets post with loads of letters on... but then he does abuse his sometimes like he occasionally signs letters Major IJ McNair

my brothers initials are D.R.J. McNair and he always gets stuff adressed as Dr. J. McNair... and knwoing him he'll get a doctorate as well :rolleyes:

lou xxx

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.