Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! My name is Maisie and I thought I would start this thread to motivate and document my revision journey for A levels. I am currently studying for two A-levels and one AS after picking two subjects I really did not enjoy last year.

Background
    My GCSE grades were:
    • History: A*
    • English Literature: A*
    • English Language: A*
    • Chemistry: A*
    • Biology: A*
    • Philosophy: A*
    • Maths: A
    • Physics: A
    • German: A
    • Spanish: B

And I decided to begin A levels in Chemistry,Maths,Biology, and Psychology. However last January I realized I was really unhappy doing chemistry and maths which was affecting my attendance and my enjoyment of college in general. This lead to me dropping chemistry and maths and just continuing with psychology and biology, which I really enjoy. In September I picked up AS English Literature so will be a part-time college student next year, which I don't really mind as it means I can truly focus on my grades this year without the stress of looking at Universities.
    I would really like to get an A* in Psychology (it is what I want to do at Uni) and an A in Biology this year! :embarrassed:

My One Weakness
    Spoiler:
    Show

....Procrastination. :lazy:
    I'm the type of person who will begin studying but 20 minutes later will have gotten through 10 Youtube videos, sent 80 snapchats, and written a full movie script that I'm certain will win an Oscar until I actually read it back and realise it's just a knock-off of the Titanic.

I hope this thread will help me keep on track with my revision and possibly help other people with working out how to balance life and study. :bunny:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a challenge! Good luck - I took psychology myself last year (and dropped it because I ended up with a D) but I'm rooting for you and your A*!!!

Also, same on the procrastination front; if I'm not in the mood to work, then I probably won't. (It's a real problem I need to work on)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
    Sounds like a challenge! Good luck - I took psychology myself last year (and dropped it because I ended up with a D) but I'm rooting for you and your A*!!!

Also, same on the procrastination front; if I'm not in the mood to work, then I probably won't. (It's a real problem I need to work on)
    Thank you so much! Haha, my procrastination is such a problem too!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I'm doing Psychology too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.