Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I wonder if there is anyone who is still waiting for LSE postgraduate application outcome please.

I have submitted an application for MSC Economics & Management and Management & Strategy since early October and a long waiting of almost 4 months makes me restless of my destiny.

Also I'd be grateful if someone (offer holders) can advise me of the chances that I can be selected.

I finished my Bachelor degree in Economics from University of Queensland (one of G8 universities in Australia) with GPA of 5.8/7 (LSE requires 5.5/7 for Australian applicants) and the Dean commendation from the Faculty.

I got 167/170 from GRE Quant but my other 2 parts are pretty low (I'm international student) which I'm afraid if this will affect my chances.

I'm pretty anxious as they have spent almost double the usual period of consideration for my application. I've heard that UK universities tend to underestimate students from Australian institutions and I wish this was a myth.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and I really wish you guys a successful application and a great time at LSE (for those who got a accepted).
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    No one can predict what is going to happen so please don't pin your hopes on that. 4 months is very long so email and ask for an update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    No one can predict what is going to happen so please don't pin your hopes on that. 4 months is very long so email and ask for an update.
    I've tried but every time I contacted they always said it's still with the department as they need more time before being able to reach a decision.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately you just have to wait then. These things do take some time and they are responding to you so it's not like you're not hearing from them at all. It's only Feb so there's time.

ReputationRep:
    Just got offer for MSC Economics & Management after painful 4 months of waiting ^_^ Best of luck to everyone who is waiting. The longer you wait the higher chances you will get in (I've been waiting since October so I completely understand your feeling) ^_^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.