Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Studying medicine in Germany! Your thoughts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjaminesapa)
    I'm considering doing the same as you! I suppose the pros of studying in Germany would be (eventually) having another language under your belt, and exposure to cultures as well as being part of the EU. I would definitely go for it. Which Unis did you apply to?
    I haven't applied yet, I am still learning German. I will apply soon. Actually, it's quite hard. I don't think I am going to make it :/ German is one of the hardest languages. I am exhausted. I feel like I want to simply die :/ (Exaggerating obviously) I should have started learning earlier. If this isn't your last year. Then, you should definitely go for it. Germany is probably the best country for students. Free education and lots of pros.
    So, here's my advice to you. If this isn't your last year. Don't waste your time and learn German now. My only mistake is that I have started late. I am taking condensed courses to be able to finish :/
    There are six levels in German(A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2). You will need at least B1 to apply to a studienkolleg and C1 to avoid spending a year in studienkolleg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGCSEStudent99)
    I haven't applied yet, I am still learning German. I will apply soon. Actually, it's quite hard. I don't think I am going to make it :/ German is one of the hardest languages. I am exhausted. I feel like I want to simply die :/ (Exaggerating obviously) I should have started learning earlier. If this isn't your last year. Then, you should definitely go for it. Germany is probably the best country for students. Free education and lots of pros.
    So, here's my advice to you. If this isn't your last year. Don't waste your time and learn German now. My only mistake is that I have started late. I am taking condensed courses to be able to finish :/
    There are six levels in German(A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2). You will need at least B1 to apply to a studienkolleg and C1 to avoid spending a year in studienkolleg.
    Thanks for thd advice I do A-Level German so I've been able to slowly build up my knowledge- I think I'll still need to apply to a Studienkolleg though. I'm sorry you're finding it so tough at the moment- learning in a year sounds really difficult. i'm currrently in my last year of A- levels and I've had 3 rejections from UK Universities so far because of my low admissions test scores, so I think I'll reapply for England as well as Germany next year. Good luck with everything, and don't give up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.