Hi guys I'm currently doing a MA and my unit is a practice based unit, so I need a practical issue that teachers face, but I can't just be researching it. I need to 'develop myself'.
I was just wondering any teachers on here do you guys feel like there's any issues? I.e. Not enough funding? a push to only follow curriculum set out by the government?
Any idea will be brilliant! Thanks in advance.
Turn on thread page Beta
Practical issues teachers face?!?!? watch
- Thread Starter
- 31-01-2017 12:10
- 31-01-2017 12:19
I did an art BTEC, and I know in the art department there was a lack of funding. This is probably the most prominent issue in my eyes but it depends on which area of study & at what level.
Are you looking at primary teaching or secondary/further education in specific? Or alltogether
- 31-01-2017 20:20
I wasn't a teacher but I worked in a school. There are hundreds of problems!
- not enough time
- too many hoops to jump through for OFSTED (e.g. having to justify every childs seat on every class seating plan, 3 colour marking, show proof in lesson plans of how you're tackling the disadvantages of: EAL, SEN, G&T, White boys, PP)
- inadequate support with behaviour problems
- inadequate mental health care/social care meaning that more and more pastoral responsibility is put on teachers and they face worse and worse behaviour
- inadequate funding means not enough teaching assistants and teachers have a class of 30 and also have to cope with the SEN, EAL etc needs themselves
- lack of communication between staff