a0ife
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys I'm currently doing a MA and my unit is a practice based unit, so I need a practical issue that teachers face, but I can't just be researching it. I need to 'develop myself'.
I was just wondering any teachers on here do you guys feel like there's any issues? I.e. Not enough funding? a push to only follow curriculum set out by the government?

Any idea will be brilliant! Thanks in advance.
kuroskye
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did an art BTEC, and I know in the art department there was a lack of funding. This is probably the most prominent issue in my eyes but it depends on which area of study & at what level.

Are you looking at primary teaching or secondary/further education in specific? Or alltogether
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wasn't a teacher but I worked in a school. There are hundreds of problems!

- not enough time
- too many hoops to jump through for OFSTED (e.g. having to justify every childs seat on every class seating plan, 3 colour marking, show proof in lesson plans of how you're tackling the disadvantages of: EAL, SEN, G&T, White boys, PP)
- inadequate support with behaviour problems
- inadequate mental health care/social care meaning that more and more pastoral responsibility is put on teachers and they face worse and worse behaviour
- inadequate funding means not enough teaching assistants and teachers have a class of 30 and also have to cope with the SEN, EAL etc needs themselves
- lack of communication between staff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads