Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm currently doing a MA and my unit is a practice based unit, so I need a practical issue that teachers face, but I can't just be researching it. I need to 'develop myself'.
    I was just wondering any teachers on here do you guys feel like there's any issues? I.e. Not enough funding? a push to only follow curriculum set out by the government?

Any idea will be brilliant! Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I did an art BTEC, and I know in the art department there was a lack of funding. This is probably the most prominent issue in my eyes but it depends on which area of study & at what level.

Are you looking at primary teaching or secondary/further education in specific? Or alltogether

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't a teacher but I worked in a school. There are hundreds of problems!

- not enough time
    - too many hoops to jump through for OFSTED (e.g. having to justify every childs seat on every class seating plan, 3 colour marking, show proof in lesson plans of how you're tackling the disadvantages of: EAL, SEN, G&T, White boys, PP)
    - inadequate support with behaviour problems
    - inadequate mental health care/social care meaning that more and more pastoral responsibility is put on teachers and they face worse and worse behaviour
    - inadequate funding means not enough teaching assistants and teachers have a class of 30 and also have to cope with the SEN, EAL etc needs themselves
    - lack of communication between staff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.