Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How has the first month of 2017 been for you? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So tomorrow is officially the second month of 2017 and I don't know about you, but this month has flown in! I know 2016 wasn't a good year for many of us but here's hoping you've all had a good start to 2017 and that the rest of year is good too :hugs:

Name three good things that have happened to you this month, they can be big or small also feel free to mention what you are looking forward to for the rest of the year or what you would like to happen

Here's my three good things that happened this month -

1. I got £63 back from the council since my council tax account was in credit :woo:
    2. I made a start at going back to my old beloved ginger hair colour. Currently at a gingery brown colour atm instead of dark brown/almost black
    3. Today's me and my partner's 8th anniversary :love:

ReputationRep:
    Mate if there's one thing I'll remember January 2017 by, it's Ed Sheeran's new bangers.

And also me getting offers from uni yay! But not as important as Ed Sheeran
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Pretty crap month tbh.

3 good things huh...

1. Went to Malaysia to celebrate Chinese New Year
    2. Didn't get sacked at work :lol:
    3. Gold "VIP" title on TSR

ReputationRep:
    got new passport

hitting the gym hard

no alcohol

ReputationRep:
    A drunken haze tbh

ReputationRep:
    Heard a lot about January dragging on for many, but I seriously can't remember what I've done in the past 4 weeks (apart from sending UCAS off 15 mins before the deadline :giggle: That was probably the peak of my roller-coaster. On the 15th as well - slap bang in the middle - downhill from there onwards :cry2:Someone get me off of this ride - dw guys, there's no trace of a suicidal hidden message or anything )
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    A roller coaster ride.

My school situation got worse than ever, which sucked. Afterwards, the winter holiday was prolonged by a week and we had a few days off school thanks to the snow, which was nice. Once school started, I missed a week because of my procrastination and terrible sleep schedule. I almost got expelled due to my attendance. I modified my sleep schedule a bit so I could get to school. I had and still have to take so many grades that it is surreal, which has been tiring me out a lot. I got a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    A rollercoaster ride.

My school situation got worse than ever, which sucked. Afterwards, the winter holiday was prolonged by a week and we had a few days off school thanks to the snow, which was nice. Once school started, I missed a week because of my procrastination and terrible sleep schedule. I almost got expelled due to my attendance. I modified my sleep schedule a bit so I could get to school. I had and still have to take so many grades that it is surreal, which has been tiring me out a lot. I got a job.
    I have worried sick that I will
    Never fall pregnant with the baby that I really want, have joined a gym, lost a kilogram and made a new account up on here!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    1. FINALLY saved up for some 3ds games I've wanted since the 3ds came out - ikr life got in the way
    2.. FINALLY stopped feeling so exhausted, knackered, and falling asleep since the doctor increased medication
    3. a clearer path of what I want to do once I leave college.
    4. had a haircut
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I wanted 2017 to have exciting surprises and the first month was awesome
    It was filled with exciting surprises but for some reasons I can't say what they are. Sorry guys.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Happy 8th anniversary Spock's Socks! Have a great time :cheers:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    1. FINALLY saved up for some 3ds games I've wanted since the 3ds came out - ikr life got in the way
    2.. FINALLY stopped feeling so exhausted, knackered, and falling asleep since the doctor increased medication
    3. a clearer path of what I want to do once I leave college.
    4. had a haircut
    PRSOM

That's great you're feeling better and finally have the right dosage of medication hope the rest of 2017 goes well for you :hugs:
    (Original post by Reshyna)
    I wanted 2017 to have exciting surprises and the first month was awesome
    It was filled with exciting surprises but for some reasons I can't say what they are. Sorry guys.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Happy 8th anniversary Spock's Socks! Have a great time :cheers:

Thank you so much :hugs:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)

Thank you so much :hugs:
    No problem. Thanks for the rep
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit boring tbh. Also, I caught Mono.
    On the bright side; today's payday!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM

That's great you're feeling better and finally have the right dosage of medication hope the rest of 2017 goes well for you :hugs:
    PRSOM - again... hope it goes well for you too
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    PRSOM - again... hope it goes well for you too
    ps. was going to ask if your usernames becoming purple soon?
    Yeah my username should be purple soon I'll be a support team member whenever my DBS clears, its taking ages another community assistant is in the same boat as me with the waiting
    • Welcome Squad

as crap as all the other months

ReputationRep:
    I starting exercising more and being more social, gotten closer to my friends and made a couple of new acquaintances, which is all very nice.

Apparently I did this at the cost of my sanity but it could be worse I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    as crap as all the other months
    :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    It was a bit boring tbh. Also, I caught Mono.
    On the bright side; today's payday!
    Awww that's glandular fever, isn't it? I had that when I was 15, its horrible. Hope you're feeling much better now :hugs:

Enjoy payday mine was yesterday and I'm pretty much skint again already
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Awww that's glandular fever, isn't it? I had that when I was 15, its horrible. Hope you're feeling much better now :hugs:

Enjoy payday mine was yesterday and I'm pretty much skint again already
    It is. Thank you. :hugs: I still have quite a sore throat though, which sucks.

I will haha. I think I'll be skint too, shortly. :rofl:

I hope you're okay. :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.