The Student Room Group

Arkwright Scholarship 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Peter62233460
I received the email today :smile: ! Is anyone going to Brunel on the 5th April?

same here! hope we meet each other :P
👍👍
Reply 22
I was wondering how everyone else was preparing for the interview?
Are you lot just reading around the subjects you're interested in and practising on preseenting your project?
Any advice would be helpful.
Reply 23
I'm gonna get my parents to interview me (as awkward as it is) nearer to the date. I'm also gonna make sure I know my portfolio like the back of my hand, and that I'm prepared to answer any potential questions that the interviewers could ask me about my projects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by av01
I scanned it and sent it as a pdf

thanks, good luck. did you get an email back confirming or anything
Reply 25
Original post by giantwaffle
thanks, good luck. did you get an email back confirming or anything

I didn't.
I had a mock interview with my Tech teacher and some previous Arkwright scholars.
Reply 27
Original post by Peter62233460
I had a mock interview with my Tech teacher and some previous Arkwright scholars.

Peter can you tell us any questions that you know that might come up pls?
I can't. The interviewers are going to ask you questions relevant to your project and your interests. Obviously, it's different for everyone so I suggest you make sure you understand everything there is to know about the project you intend to show them.

It's not an interview you can prepare for as the topics in 'engineering' are so diverse. I'm sure you will get a scholarship so don't worry so much :smile:
Hi, I was awarded the scholarship last year.

The interview goes very fast - They will not ask you questions on anything in engineering you may not know about - If you are not sure about a topic in your project read up on it and impress them. Make sure you know about anything you talk about and anything in your project.

Try and prepare for questions regarding leadership and qualities you possess which makes you a leader. Eg. Delegation, organisation, etc.

They will ask you about teamwork, etc - If there are points you want to get across, angle your answers towards those questions. The time goes very quickly. They're not there to trick you or catch you out... Apart from that there's not much else to say... Most questions really regard you plans for the future and your project - Demonstrate or talk about what problem or issue your project solves and why you chose it - Eg. A more sustainable way for collecting water or it saves more money. Anything irrelevant leave out.
anyone know when we found out if we got it?
Original post by NemurLemur
anyone know when we found out if we got it?

I think it's some point in the summer?
Original post by Herbandberry
I think it's some point in the summer?

do you think you've got in?
Reply 33
Original post by NemurLemur
do you think you've got in?

Do you have any idea how many get in?
well around 1600 people apply I think 600/700 get an interview and ~400 get a scholarship
Does anyone know if it's an e-mail result or a letter? Other years said they got letters home by this time so I was wondering if anyone has results yet?
Original post by RjIsRandom
Does anyone know if it's an e-mail result or a letter? Other years said they got letters home by this time so I was wondering if anyone has results yet?

no not yet, I don't know if they send the results via email or letter, but I think they let us know end of June.
I thought it was late July? I can't remember where I read that though.
Nah its mid June but you know ten days to go until we have to have gotten it
my teacher told me that we get them tomorrow. So nervous haha

Quick Reply

Latest