Drifters
    19.05%
    Bungou Stray Dogs S2
    9.52%
    Haikyuu!! S3
    0%

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    We're now a good month into 2017, and a new Winter anime season, but cast your mind back to last year's offerings, and let's find out which was the most popular of them all here on TSR.

Unfortunately, the limited poll options don't allow for every series to be included, far from it. Therefore, I've taken the top four results from my earlier Spring, Summer and Autumn polls, as well as four from last Winter based on high Anime-Planet ratings & view counts (since I didn't make a poll that season). :ahee: Feel free to post about any other series you loved that didn't make the list, however!

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    IF, ketsu played out like the graphic novels, then I would have voted for that. unfortunately it was too rushed / toned down (the finale between shizuo and izaya was toned down, the original saika owner was toned down, as was what happened to varona and shinra). Ill admit I liked what happened to the main 3 and the ending with celty was lol. in the end i voted drifters

on a side-note AngryJellyfish, you should make a poll about underrated anime (I have a few that spring to mind).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    IF, ketsu played out like the graphic novels, then I would have voted for that. unfortunately it was too rushed / toned down (the finale between shizuo and izaya was toned down, the original saika owner was toned down, as was what happened to varona and shinra). Ill admit I liked what happened to the main 3 and the ending with celty was lol. in the end i voted drifters

on a side-note AngryJellyfish, you should make a poll about underrated anime (I have a few that spring to mind).
    I've not played/read the Durarara!! graphic novels, but agree that the pacing felt a little off at times. I've seen worse, but it's a shame it couldn't have had a few more episodes to play with. Looks like Ketsu has a fair few other fans here, though! :p:

As for the underrated anime, I'm not sure how that would work in a poll. There are so many series out there, it took me three (should have been four) polls to narrow just last year's series down to the sixteen above, and I had to leave some shows out of those initial polls! An underrated anime THREAD in general could work, though. :hmmmm2:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've seen worse,
    Iron-blooded orphans springs to mind regarding pacing. :lol:

I
    As for the underrated anime, I'm not sure how that would work in a poll. There are so many series out there, it took me three (should have been four) polls to narrow just last year's series down to the sixteen above, and I had to leave some shows out of those initial polls! An underrated anime THREAD in general could work, though. :hmmmm2:
    I guess you could open a thread asking people to share underrated anime (id say make it anonymised as there are some anime which people dont want to admit to irl/ using a known username).

In terms of criteria, it can be from any year, must be an anime which people arent overtly familiar with but has good reception from fans / reviewers. people can also differentiate dubs (ie japdub or englishdub) as different dubs can affect the quality (durarara is better in japanese, DBZ in english).

exclusion criteria should include hentai, super erotic anime and anything of that sort.

ReputationRep:
    Tfw you realize you've only watched 4 anime last year ;-;
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    if it makes you feel better ive seenless than 30 anime overall (most of which is mech franchises)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    Iron-blooded orphans springs to mind regarding pacing. :lol:
    Far from the worst, and personally I'd take slow over rushed any day! :p:

(Original post by quasa)
    I guess you could open a thread asking people to share underrated anime (id say make it anonymised as there are some anime which people dont want to admit to irl/ using a known username).

In terms of criteria, it can be from any year, must be an anime which people arent overtly familiar with but has good reception from fans / reviewers. people can also differentiate dubs (ie japdub or englishdub) as different dubs can affect the quality (durarara is better in japanese, DBZ in english).

exclusion criteria should include hentai, super erotic anime and anything of that sort.
    Posting anon simply due to embarrassment at having watched a series would be misuse of the function unfortunately, and you can't use it in the TV shows forum anyway. :nah: Discussing/recommending hentai also goes against TSRs Ts&Cs, so no worries there.

Personally, I'd think that guilty pleasures (the types of shows that are so bad, they're good, or that are obviously aimed at a completely different demographic etc) would be more the kind of thing you might not want people knowing you like. Underrated series should be just that, series you think are great and want to share, but that have fallen below most people's radars.

I may well put together a thread tomorrow, after I've gotten together a good list of my own. :yes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Far from the worst, and personally I'd take slow over rushed any day! :p:

Posting anon simply due to embarrassment at having watched a series would be misuse of the function unfortunately, and you can't use it in the TV shows forum anyway. :nah: Discussing/recommending hentai also goes against TSRs Ts&Cs, so no worries there.

Personally, I'd think that guilty pleasures (the types of shows that are so bad, they're good, or that are obviously aimed at a completely different demographic etc) would be more the kind of thing you might not want people knowing you like. Underrated series should be just that, series you think are great and want to share, but that have fallen below most people's radars.

I may well put together a thread tomorrow, after I've gotten together a good list of my own. :yes:
    guilty pleasure anime thread would be cool
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Any of them in the poll? Apologies if not. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Any of them in the poll? Apologies if not. :o:
    Well I was looking at the poll; Yuri, Kabaneri, Mob, and Erased haha, maybe I watched others that arent on the list though... xD
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to see Re:Zero leading this poll, when it came a distant second in the Summer one. It got my vote in both, though!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    :bump:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    *BTW, if you post something after voting, I won't have to keep bumping this* :flute:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Final :bump: before this poll closes at midday tomorrow.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Final :bump: before this poll closes at midday tomorrow.
    c'mon durarara/drifters

question to AngryJellyfish : thoughts on latest ibo episode (noticed tpx1 set up a gundam thread so I guess you can post there). its annoying trying to find people to discuss with it in detail about irl as most my friends irl either dont like anime or they like stuff I aint into; same case for TSR tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.