Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Students, do you pay your own phone bill? Watch

• View Poll Results: Students, do you pay your own phone bill?
    Yes.
    45.76%
    No. My parents/someone else does.
    54.24%

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    You know me better than that to ask this question. :rofl: Of course.
    :rofl::rofl: true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    :eek: expensive!
    I thought it was a good deal at the time :laugh: now my screen is cracked and I'm not paying £150 to fix it so I have to live with it *sigh*
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I thought it was a good deal at the time :laugh: now my screen is cracked and I'm not paying £150 to fix it so I have to live with it *sigh*
    Aw . Smaller repair shops do it for cheaper. I got my Mac Keyboard-water damage-fixed for a relatively price.

ReputationRep:
    My parents pay until I finish my degree lol

It's what they did with my sisters too. I guess they want me to stay in contact in case I need them for any reason.

ReputationRep:
    How??? :eek:
    Three pay as you go, I very rarely make calls and never use SMS, and with the free boost £5 gives me 650MB - I don't need much data as I have wifi almost all the time.

I did buy the iPhone from Apple new and upfront though so that was a big cost, it's just separate to the phone bill.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwaggy)
    My parents pay until I finish my degree lol

It's what they did with my sisters too. I guess they want me to stay in contact in case I need them for any reason.
    Lucky.

You must be doing what Tigger is in your avatar haha.

(Original post by jameswhughes)
    Three pay as you go, I very rarely make calls and never use SMS, and with the free boost £5 gives me 650MB - I don't need much data as I have wifi almost all the time.

I did buy the iPhone from Apple new and upfront though so that was a big cost, it's just separate to the phone bill.
    I think I use too much internet on-the-go.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky.

You must be doing what Tigger is in your avatar haha.

I think I use too much internet on-the-go.
    Hell YEAH!!!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwaggy)
    Hell YEAH!!!
    I would be too.

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay. How come a contract doesn't appeal to you?
    A contract is an option I would also consider, but because I was 17 when I got my phone and you have to be 18 to get a contract in your name, it would have had to be in one of my parents' names and the process would have been more complex. With giffgaff the process is less complex. Maybe I might get a contract for the next phone I have.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopy91)
    A contract is an option I would also consider, but because I was 17 when I got my phone and you have to be 18 to get a contract in your name, it would have had to be in one of my parents' names and the process would have been more complex. With giffgaff the process is less complex. Maybe I might get a contract for the next phone I have.
    Ah okay.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.