Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I am doing a negligence question and I am not sure who is liable, the tennis club or the tennis player?

here is the Q:“The Snobacre Lawn Tennis Club was chosen to host a major international tennis championship. Due to bad weather, the tournament was in danger of not being completed in the allotted time. Accordingly, it was decided that some matches would be played on two new courts, Courts 1 and 2. These courts were usually reserved for coaching purposes, due to their close proximity to the perimeter fence and an adjacent busy road.
    On Court 1 during the course of a match, Simon, running at full speed and stretching to reach the ball, mis-hit the ball which flew out of the court, over the perimeter fence and struck the windscreen of a passing car which was being driven carefully by Ian. Ian was so startled that he swerved and crashed into a lamppost. Within seconds the car caught fire. However, Ian remained in the car in order to retrieve some valuable paintings from the passenger seat of the car. As a result, Ian suffered burns to his arms.
    Back on Court 1, after striking the ball, Simon is unable to prevent himself from running into the spectator’s enclosure, colliding with Vera, who was sitting in the front row. Vera suffers a broken shoulder as a result.

I would appreciate your help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.