Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Both my parents changed jobs in October, and their income has dropped by a fair amount, do I still have to declare their income as it was at the start of the last tax year when I apply or what it will be this year because it is quite a bit lower?

Also when can I start to apply?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ellie419)
    Both my parents changed jobs in October, and their income has dropped by a fair amount, do I still have to declare their income as it was at the start of the last tax year when I apply or what it will be this year because it is quite a bit lower?

Also when can I start to apply?
    You would usually use a prior tax year, but if their income has fallen significantly you can change the tax year:
    https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student...usehold-income

Applications open in Feb/March - the actual date is tbc.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi

Your parents will have to provide their income for the tax year 2015/2016 for your 17/18 application. However as you have confirmed their income has dropped they can provide their current income be completing a current tax year income assessment form which will be availble to download from our website when the applications become available.

Thanks

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.